• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilot/FFDO Arrested: Blows .05 in MSP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only way to move up the list since Age 65 is to encourage your Captains to drink heavily on the overnight and then tip off the TSA ;)

Perfect Approach?

He was talking about Burbank.

1271 in MDW was a perfect approach, a perfect landing in the touchdown zone followed by braking action much worse than reported.

Gup

Who told you it was a perfect approach?

A perfect approach would have been to go around and sort out the condition of the runway. (Not trying to Monday morning their decision to continue)

I nominate GuppyWN for the preposterous statement of the year on FI for this little gem.

Those pilots were put in a terribly bad situation. As we all know, when one link in the chain starts to break the rest is just history. Take a look at the facts. Minimizing the situation and saying it was a perfect approach is a stretch AT BEST.

Sorry for the thread creep but this one couldn't go unchecked.

If you're a habitual drinker (which most pilots I know are), consider investing in a good quality portable breathalyzer and if you blow anything but a 0.0/0.01, consider sitting this one out.

I don't know how many times I've gotten a layover of something like 9:30hrs and the the CA says something like "Well I've got one hour to have a beer! You coming?"

No, I'm not coming, because when you start saying sh** like "I have one hour to drink!!!" you are a friggen alcoholic.

If you're a habitual drinker (which most pilots I know are), consider investing in a good quality portable breathalyzer and if you blow anything but a 0.0/0.01, consider sitting this one out.

I don't know how many times I've gotten a layover of something like 9:30hrs and the the CA says something like "Well I've got one hour to have a beer! You coming?"

No, I'm not coming, because when you start saying sh** like "I have one hour to drink!!!" you are a friggen alcoholic.

But remember, "Alcohol has never been a factor in an airline accident. ". Quit demonizing alcohol and drugs.

Ahhhh, I don't think because someone says we gotta hour that makes them an alcoholic. So people like a cold beer or a glass of wine after a long day. I actually dont drink much on that road anymore. I save most of my drinking at home while I got the Weber Grill going!!
But to label someone a alcholic for saying we got an hour makes you a idiot.
And the few Alcoholics I flew with were closet drinkers!! They would bring there own booze and get hammered in there rooms.

Last edited:
But remember, "Alcohol has never been a factor in an airline accident. ". Quit demonizing alcohol and drugs.

It is responsible for a lot of people losing their job. In addition to that the loss of family, friends and deaths outside of aviation both to the drinker/addict and innocents.

What a bad idea. First, if you need a breathalyzer to see if you're over the limit before you fly, you're too close to the edge already. Second, I suspect they're going to go through your bag if they take you aside. Finding a breathalyzer in there doesn't tell a very good story.

Breathalyzer's, at least the reasonably affordable ones, are EXTREMELY UNRELIABLE. Don't bother with that. Car and Driver tested many and they are all over the map.

Bring up teh bird, you have maintained a consistent trajectory of both useless and ignorant statements. Welcome to yet another ignore list.

What a bad idea. First, if you need a breathalyzer to see if you're over the limit before you fly, you're too close to the edge already. Second, I suspect they're going to go through your bag if they take you aside. Finding a breathalyzer in there doesn't tell a very good story.

Would have kept Mr. Airtran pilot here out of hot water.

Latest resources

Back