AirTran pilot arrested?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gentlemen,

Lets not pound on the guy too much. I know him, and have never disliked him nor felt he was a bad seed in any fasion. He has gone from a Six figure a year income to 0. He is paying the price for the over sight or lack of it.He has lost any chance at a 121 career and faces large hurdles in his Proffesional and Peresonal life that will affect him very deeply. I feel for him and hope that anyone who has a problem or feels that they might enroll in the HIMS program. It could save your future before it is out of control.

FLB717 said:
I feel for him and hope that anyone who has a problem or feels that they might enroll in the HIMS program. It could save your future before it is out of control.

That's pretty sound advice. I've already lost 1 job due to furlough (I know that many out there have it alot worse than me), but to throw your career down the drain...awful.

It's a weak argument for him to say "well, technically, I wasn't the Captn YET, I hadn't signed the release and I hadn't even started the engine." A buddy of mine got a DUI last year and instead of taking his lumps decided to take it to court and said that he had only gotten in his car and not started it yet. It is the intent that, IF he was intoxicated, will nail him. I doubt he was going to call schedueling after the preflight and say he couldn't fly.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
A quick review of Lyle Prouse's story and you may change your tune. Instead of throwing Oliver under the bus, just let the process work and have some compassion....

Except Lyle Prouse was a known "jerk"!!

To me the worst thing about this is that another
TSA slug "saved the day". Just what they need
is another feather in their cap.
Dave B

I think most of us would agree there should be ZERO TOLERANCE for being intoxicated while being an air carrier pilot...

I've seen a lot of guys play fast and loose with the 8 hour rule......

It is just stupid in my opinion.....
And this guy is an FFDO....
Great... a black eye to your fellow FFDO's and the program.

And now the TSA guys are further bolstered in their role as Alcohol Inspectors..
You ever notice how some of them will saddle up to you fairly close and want to carry on a conversation?

Well.... you're being evaluated...

Wake up guys.....
if you have a drinking problem get help..
If not.. you're jeopardizing you, your crew, your passengers and your career.

Last edited:
JUDGEMENT.. isn't that a major part of our job description? There is no excuse. That is what the type ride is all about, one knows how to fly at that point, they want to see your judgement and decision making skills, that's what gets one the fourth stripe.

how do i pack heat in the cockpit? can fo's do it?

Let's not jump on this guy just yet......... The tsA has had several false alarms in this area in the last few years that were in the news before the guy even had his BAC checked. No retractions from the major news outlets on these guys after they were cleared of wrongdoing either.

The article is very vague in what exactly happened.

That said, if he is actually guilty, there is no excuse, and deserves everything he gets. This job is too friggin easy to screw it up that way.

I have a lot of problems with the fact that a company spokesman told the media that the guy is an FFDO. That is criminal (literally). They put the guy and his family in danger, especially if he is cleared of charges and returns to the line.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back