• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilot arrested?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do quite a few redeyes from LAS----and we always go through security. Our group of gates is right next to the sole Airtran gate. Southwest doesn't go through security? What? Oh, that's right---they are all only wearing speedos in flight anyway---just one SMALL check and they are at the gate......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Ever wonder why the screeners get right in your face and ask to see your ID after you've already shown in to the geriatric rent-a-cop at the podium? Because they're just dying to make the headlines.

8vATE said:
I think most of us would agree there should be ZERO TOLERANCE for being intoxicated while being an air carrier pilot...

I've seen a lot of guys play fast and loose with the 8 hour rule......

It is just stupid in my opinion.....

On the record: You sir, are a fool. Apparently it is not obvious to you, which is even more distressing. You are telling everyone on this board (and the FAA) that you have witnessed crew members violate the 8 hour no alcohol FAA regulation (FAR) and you failed to notify the appropriate authorities. I would love to hear your explanation at an FAA and company enforcement/disciplinary hearing, especially a post-incident inquiry investigation.

Off the record: do not ever put yourself in a position in which you knowingly observe any crew member violate the 8 hour no alcohol FAR. Approaching the 8 hour point, EXCUSE yourself from your colleagues and get the hell out of there if there is even the remotest chance some jerk will violate his window. Failing the above action, you have placed your ticket in jeopardy for failing to notify the FAA over a willful FAR violation (according to an FAA aviation inspector acquaintance).

Your beer may vary!

BBB

TopGun-MAV said:
how do i pack heat in the cockpit? can fo's do it?

Topdork,

You're a frickin tool! Go play on the other boards.

If you haven't flown tactical, don't try to act like you have.

Oh, and you're also a jungle jet co-captain, huh? Didn't realize you could hold an ATP with 900 hours.

Okay, now that I've got that off my chest - on to the topic at hand. This guy is toast. I know he probably needs help for his drinking, and I hope he finds it. But I can't really say that I feel sorry for him; it's his family that is going to suffer most.

General Lee said:
I do quite a few redeyes from LAS----and we always go through security. Our group of gates is right next to the sole Airtran gate. Southwest doesn't go through security? What? Oh, that's right---they are all only wearing speedos in flight anyway---just one SMALL check and they are at the gate......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Were you the guy that left the dried snot all over the wall of my room at the lovely hotel we stay at in LAS? I thought so.

Seriously though. Let the facts come out first on this event. I spoke with a Captain that was falsely accused by the TSA in GEG. The media was tipped off immediately. The resulting media circus was just unreal. I won't repeat the many details of the story (as well as the story within the story) here. All I can say is that after listening to the first hand acccount; well talk about shock and awe. It is simply a horrendous experience. Guilty until proven innocent. Even once innocence is proven, the damage done by the initial media bombardment is irreversible.

Last edited:
Tripower455 said:
I have a lot of problems with the fact that a company spokesman told the media that the guy is an FFDO. That is criminal (literally). They put the guy and his family in danger, especially if he is cleared of charges and returns to the line.

The company put out that press release in response to some misinformation that was being reported on other news reports earlier that stated that the AirTran Pilot arrested was "armed' or "carrying a gun". These reports had various vague implications as reported and needed to be addressed.

Aside from the humanity aspect of this, this is quite a Public Relations mess for AirTran right now, and it is understandable why they absolutely had to clear up any misinformation early, regardless if you "have a lot of problems with that fact" or not.

Speaking of "misinformation"...... it is amazing at the similarity between a couple of the simpletons posting on these forums and some of the low budget local new reporters reporting a 7-11 robbery. Sadly, I would expect some of these comments from a P.O.S. news reporter, not from our own "peer" group.

Last edited:
FL717 said:
The company put out that press release in response to some misinformation that was being reported on other news reports earlier that stated that the AirTran Pilot arrested was "armed' or "carrying a gun". These reports had various vague implications as reported.

Aside from the humanity aspect of this, this is quite a Public Relations mess for AirTran right now, and it is understandable why they absolutely had to clear up any misinformation early, regardless if you "have a lot of problems with that fact" or not.

Admitting that he is an FFDO, for whatever reason, is a crime.

They could have said that they were mistaken about the gun.

Whoever tipped them off should fry.

$10 says that this is yet another media induced witch hunt, sparked by the tsA's ineptitude, and the guy is innocent.

GogglesPisano said:
Ever wonder why the screeners get right in your face and ask to see your ID after you've already shown in to the geriatric rent-a-cop at the podium? Because they're just dying to make the headlines.

Yeah, because they think I'm hot!

Latest resources

Back