• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilot Arrested!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I don't understand is the locals did not charge the pilot and the TSA can't charge the pilot, so who made the arrest and where and how was the alleged assailant taken into custody? This does not pass the sniff test.

Many years ago, I got a ticket from the airport cop (ORD) with pax onboard.

I brought a jumpseater out to the plane prior to boarding and the gate agent had a fit, and called the cops. I tried explaining that he was a crewmember....still got the ticket. Chief pilot took care of it and had it dropped.

Theres just something at the airports that bring out the egos...whether its the TSA, the gate agent, the cop, and even the pilot.

Just smile and be nice to all airport employees. No need to argue with anyone, its NOT worth losing your job.

That is why this industry sucks so bad..... The just shut up and take it mentality. Try standing up for your self sometime.

Agreed.
A little intestinal fortitude is what is needed. We don't need the "tow the line" defeatist mentality anymore.

Beaufort resident. 22 years USMC. Airline Captain. My guess is they arrested a retired Marine LtCol fighter pilot for some sort of alleged assault. BS! Never happened. There is no way a person of that background would ever lose their cool over something as petty as the TSA. I agree with everybody else. It was some Barney Fife with a chip on his shoulder. What a bunch of crap.

That is why this industry sucks so bad..... The just shut up and take it mentality. Try standing up for your self sometime.

Got it....let us know when your behavior is changed when someone disagrees and stands up to you.

Arguments do nothing but strengthen the resolve of both participants.

Why is it taking so long to get a system in place so pilots can bypass security??

Thank Calloway of Fed Ex and Burke of PSA for being the 1 (or I guess 2?) in 1,000,000 jackasses who ruin it for the rest of us. Unfortunately, that's all it takes.

Theres just something at the airports that bring out the egos...whether its the TSA, the gate agent, the cop, and even the pilot.

I don't really know about the last group in the list, but I believe that the rest on that list all think that they could do our jobs and think that they work harder and should make as much money as us.

I grew up in an airline family and will never forget some of the horrible experiences my mother and sister and I had trying to get somewhere at the hands of a gate agent. More than once my mother was brought to tears by the nastiness of one of those gate hags who hated the fact that Dad had a great job.

At the end of the day there are fewer of us than them and our job is a little more conspicuous than the rest, we are perceived to work the least and make the most and people never walk up to a gate agent and say "I've always wanted to do that...what a cool job. Tell me about Sabre."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back