• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pay Rates??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In 2004, AirTran will be reporting to the DOT as a "major" airline from what I understand.

Ty Webb, Let me buy you some over priced StarBucks, great points.

G100, Go suck a carrot. I AM a person who walked a ALPA Picket line so dont lecture me or my fellows about being scab this or scab that. You and I were most likly in high school when it happened,and sir (marginal) Ive been a Corporate ass kissing weenie, and if you like your job great. I LOVE my job. So lets just be happy that we are employed eh?As far as scabs yeah we have a few (under 40 of 850). But I quess the 800 or so at United and the over 1000 at Continental doesnt count. Maybe you would not work for them either.

WOW!! This G-100 clown! Some people are just STUPID!! And he takes the CAKE! He has no idea whats going on here at AIRTRAN. Yes we have a few scabs....I have personally flown with a few. And I had some very nice trips with them. So there!! Eastern was a long time ago. Leave it alone. I have also walked a picket line so dont give me any of your B---S--- about scabs at this carrier. Why dont you go over to the ALPA boards and tell them about their scabs? HUH? I bet your afraid thats why....go get lost. All of us at AIRTRAN are glad and proud to be here. Enough talking to this loser. On another note..I just spent 2 days down in Orlando working with HR on pilot resumes. Stacks and stacks of resumes. Many from furloughed major pilots. For those who have sent in resumes please be patient. It eventually will be looked at. When I first walked into HR I realized how fortunate I am to be here and be a part of a great and growing airline. We have a great pilot group. If you trying to get hired ..best of luck. For those with class dates WELCOME ABOARD!!

Originally posted by FLB717
Ty Webb, Let me buy you some over priced StarBucks, great points.

Hey, how about wings and a brew at Otto's, instead. Even the Hartsfield Bar and Grill . . . . no, wait, that's too much like a retirement party . . . . hey, about Malone's? Yeah, that'll work!

air tran pay rates

Ty and the rest of you are fools if you don't see an element of truth to what G100 has said. Yes United and Continental have scabs from their own strikes but they nor any other major that I know of has hire a scab from another airline. You guys think EAL was ancient history then you are doomed to repeat it. Yes Air Tran has a new name but Value Jet management is largely intact, and I know from a former VJ pilot that they were no heroes. Joe "forklift" Leonard? A Lorenzo lackey who also happens to be responsible for about 200 dead people on the AA DC10 that lost the engine in Chicago a few years back. I appreciate that you guys like where you work but things change and something tells me you haven't been around the block enough times to be villifying people who make their informed opinions known.

Joe loenard CEO never worked at Valujet(EAL,NWA,AMR)

Bob Fornaro COO, never worked at Valujet(USair)

Stan Gadek CFO, never worked at Valujet(ACA)

Steve Kolski Senior Vice President of operations, never worked at Valujet(National,EAL,CAL)

Klaus Georsh Vice President of Operations, never worked at Valujet(Mesba,original Airtran)

Jack Smith Vice President of Customer Service never worked at Valujet(NWA)

Same old management, especially those senior managers!!You should look up some of your facts or so called facts before you spout your mouth. But then again you are probably don't get it. So if you strike at your own airline thats ok? Get real...Your views are old, and your ideas are miss guided!!! You need help and a job:)

Re: air tran pay rates

yaks said:
Yes United and Continental have scabs from their own strikes but they nor any other major that I know of has hire a scab from another airline.

Not my thread or my airline, but this is too screwed up to let go.

So, I gather from your statement that all scabs are bad, and it's bad to have a scab remain on the property, but hiring a scab from scratch is beyond the pale. Hm, seems logical on the surface but look a little closer. What you're saying is that it's more OK to let a scab remain in place, and thus profit directly from the very activity that branded him a scab, than it is to have him start at the bottom at a carrier, displacing nobody at that carrier, and let him prove himself on an equal footing with everyone else, hopefully older and wiser. Huh?

Furthermore, not only do your "more acceptable" in-house scabs profit from their scab activity, but in Continental's case, you welcome them back into the fold, I guess for showing the wisdom to vote ALPA back onto the property. What hypocrisy.

So, once a scab, always a scab, but some scabs are better than others, and sometimes scabs are forgiven if there's money in it. Are you sure this is a moral stance you want to claim?

Re: Re: air tran pay rates

Blue Dude [i] [B]Are you sure this is a moral stance you want to claim? said:
Thanks for your post, BlueDude, but I don't think this clown is going to let logic stand in the way of his rant.

The point most of us are trying to make here is that regardless of this airline's beginnings, it is starting to become something that we are proud of.

Sure, Betamax WAS better than VHS, but I would rather be working at a VHS factory than a Betamax one in 1990, and I would rather be working at AirTran than NOT working at a major . . . . . . Hopefully, we will be a major in another year, and you can bet that as a pilot group, we will continue moving in the right direction.

Last edited:

yaks said:
Ty and the rest of you are fools if you don't see an element of truth to what G100 has said. Yes United and Continental have scabs from their own strikes but they nor any other major that I know of has hire a scab from another airline. You guys think EAL was ancient history then you are doomed to repeat it. Yes Air Tran has a new name but Value Jet management is largely intact, and I know from a former VJ pilot that they were no heroes. Joe "forklift" Leonard? A Lorenzo lackey who also happens to be responsible for about 200 dead people on the AA DC10 that lost the engine in Chicago a few years back. I appreciate that you guys like where you work but things change and something tells me you haven't been around the block enough times to be villifying people who make their informed opinions known.

Guess we are categorizing scabs now. “No major HIRED a scab,” you say? There is far more scabs hired at fedex, delta, ual, cal, awa, swa, etc after they were already scabs than there is (or has ever been at Airtran). BTW, most of them are ALPA (again) – may be the ALPA part was what your VJ buddy was referring to about “no heroes.” I appreciate that guys like you like where you work but things change and something tells me you haven’t been around the block enough times to be admiring people who make their uninformed opinions known. “Yes Air Tran has a new name but Value Jet management is largely intact” – you mean kind of like Song w/Delta management largely in tact. “forklift joe…” – here you go again spouting off your mouth – if he was “responsible for 200 dead people,” considering the litigious society we live in I doubt he would be where he is today. If it’s some indirect contributing (not knowingly or willingly) factor, then consider Jacksrew John (Alaska) or Tailfin Don (to name a few). I’d like to add more, but I keep getting edited (or deleted) for content. So – there. Have a good day & go get some time around the block.

yaks said:
but they nor any other major that I know of has hire a scab from another airline.

Obviously, the key phrase in your statement is "that I know of". Maybe you had better take a closer look at "the list" and educate yourself. Nobody villifies anyone for stating informed opinions, just those that make ridiculous, UNinformed statements. Tell me, which category do you fall into?

Latest resources

Back