• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pay Cuts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's so they can pay for Elton John's picture on the planes. The pilots take in the rear and Sir Elton dishes it in the ... well you know.

Wohooo

XGmaninGA said:
Actually, for the record, management has asked for 12% in "improvements". How those are achieved are open to negotiations.
Scheduling, etc. etc. Pay cuts are just not in the cards given that we
are profitable, at the moment.

When did that ever matter? He11 why not cut pay by 50% and watch profitability grow even more, allowing the CEO to get his bonus and the shareholders to vote "yes" on his company funded summer home

Come on now

jobear said:
It's so they can pay for Elton John's picture on the planes. The pilots take in the rear and Sir Elton dishes it in the ... well you know.

Wohooo

The pilots haven't taken anything in the rear.

According to Elton, it is you, sir, who is the pillow-biting nancy boy.

Cyclone said:
wow general i'm really impressed. you own a BMW?

What other pompous, hollow, conceited and stereotypically superficial things can you tell us about yourself?

Hope you're saving up for CH 11 dude...may want to trade in the Bimmer for a nice Dodge Neon...or a Chevy Cavalier

Sheesh.......Some people have no sense of humor....

I'm actually impressed that you spelled valujet correctly...
We have over 1000 pilots and growing. Of those I would say maybe 280 are "valujet guys", give or take a few, so the chances that your post is even being read by a valujet guy is pretty slim.... speaking of valujet, heard a good one on ATL approach the other day. We were on the downwind for runway 27L at ATL following someone or other and the following exchange took place over ATC.

ATC: Citrus XXX descend and maintain 3500 plan short approach

Citrus XXX : Ok descend and maintain 3500

ATC: Delta XXX you're following an AirTran 717 on downwind descending pretty quickly. Advise in sight

Delta XXX: (in redneck voice) yeah we got ole valujet coming down pretty fast there

Unkown voice: (in non-redneck voice) Yeah buddy, were dropping almost as fast as your bank account ain't we?

ATC: Laughter

Just thought I'd share that with you, seeing as how you fly the 88

Last edited:
I didn't realize that there was anyone still flying who was stupid enough to call us Valujet on the air. . . . really surprised to hear something that unprofessional from a Delta guy.

I remember three years ago when a regional pilot called us "Critter" on ground frequency in LGA. Little known to him, the Capt I was flying with used to fly for that regional, and was good friends with the CP there- even had his number still in his cell phone . . . . he called the CP of that airline at our next stop, and was told that the crew would be called in and dealt with severely. Usually, you have to wait a lot longer than that for a good payback.

After ATC stopped laughing a voice came on and said. "just be sure you put 'AirTran' on your resume when you send it in".

The sound of coffee coming out of the approach controller's nose could be heard.

why are all you CRITTER drivers always so hostile toward anyone that does not work at VALUJET? I am personally glad you guys were allowed to continue flying, it helps keep big brother delta honest.tell jill nideffer hello,she was always one of my favorites.

After ATC stopped laughing a voice came on and said. "just be sure you put 'AirTran' on your resume when you send it in".

...and then the grizzly old pilot told the German controller "Yeah, I've been to Frankfurt before, but I never landed," and other made up stuff.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back