AirTran Pay Cuts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TAZ MAN said:
Although I really don't believe this story, Calling an airline by its former call sign I find to be a stretch for a chief pilot to put his job on the line by firing a couple pilots.

Suit yourself. Evidently, he felt comfortable. I suspect this wasn;t the first incident for that individual, but I really don;t know.

If you were to come out from behind your mask then YOUR CP should fire you. Talk about unprofessional behavior. :rolleyes:

I will explain the difference to you, TAZ, since you seem to be a little weak in the logic department:

I have been on this board expressing my opinion for 7-8 years now. When I was flying a corporate jet, I was not speaking on behalf of corporate pilots, the aircraft manufacturer whose metal tube I was flying, nor the certificate holder I was flying for. Now, I happen to work for a LCC airline, but I always make it clear that I am speaking for mysef, not for the airline whose airplanes I am currently flying.

When some idiot is given a clearance, and he responds with his callsign and says something derrogatory and intenionally offensive, you bet he can be called to answer for unprofessional conduct. If you don't believe it- give it a try.:rolleyes:

Dave S.,
To respond to your question, I don't think SWA and AAI would ever merge. I think they would wait for us to fail and then buy our assets just like ATA. That is just how things work. BUT if they did I am not sure how most would react. I would be happy for the stability, resources etc, but I would not be happy with being stapled (I believe that what they would do) to the bottom of the list. After the Morris Air, Herb said he would not buy another airline, I belive that. well that and the easter Bunny is real, unless Santa ate him.

Ty Webb said:
When some idiot is given a clearance, and he responds with his callsign and says something derrogatory and intenionally offensive, you bet he can be called to answer for unprofessional conduct. If you don't believe it- give it a try.:rolleyes:

Why is it derrogatory or offensive to call you Critter? Is that not your old call sign before you bought Air Tran and changed the name?

I really liked that call sign. I wish you wouldn't have changed.

Wow,

I just came back from a trip and glanced at the above posts...
......all I can say is ....can you feel the love.. and could you please leave Herb's butt out of any future discussions.

Thanks

TAZ MAN said:
Why is it derrogatory or offensive to call you Critter? Is that not your old call sign before you bought Air Tran and changed the name?

If you have to ask, TAZ, you're an even bigger idiot than I thought you were.

TAZ MAN said:

I really liked that call sign. I wish you wouldn't have changed.

Believe it or not, there ARE some pilots at Air Tran whose old call sign was "manatee". Does that one go over your pointed head?

Ty Webb said:
If you have to ask, TAZ, you're an even bigger idiot than I thought you were.

So I suppose it has something to do with the accident in the Everglades. Pretty shallow for you of all people to look at that as a reflection on you. Critter was a great call sign.

You think most people are idiots Ty. So really you can't offend me.

FarginDooshbahg said:
Believe it or not, there ARE some pilots at Air Tran whose old call sign was "manatee". Does that one go over your pointed head?

Yes it does. Am I the only one?

Welcome to my Ignore List.

You'll be in good company with T-Bags and FNG.

You guys have fun in there, and no more pillow-biting, or hamster-hiding, y'hear?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back