AirTran New hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Longhorn said:
I deleted many posts to keep the thread on track...not to protect them. If you have a problem with that then you can PM me about it. This thread had good momentum and was on track until it fell apart after a few innapropriate posts. I made the gay comment regarding the link that you posted...my eyes still hurt!! Nothing more, nothing less. I have no interest in the airtran discussion other than keeping the conversation going without degenerating into what it had become...that is the reason for the deletion of some of the posts.

Comendable and respectable you are! Let's get the thread back on track. Still though, I was laughing my ass off last night!:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
twepilot said:
Someone in recurrent was told by mgmt that it was a done deal..

RV

I just heard today that it is a done deal - papers have been seen. 10 aircraft is what I am told. That's another 100-110 pilots. I had previously heard from SG that 80 more pilots would be hired this year. I'm not sure if that 80 number is included in the 100-110 (I doubt it since we are still getting the 73's and need more pilots for those aircraft as well). Good news!!

XRMEFLYER said:
Some Aussie company and I am very doubtful it will happen. Dead program that we need to be getting away from.

Why away from? It's still a good airplane isn't it?

skiandsurf said:
These pilots should be able to quit and go to a better place if able. Dont worry about Airtran or your sponsor. Airtran, or any other airline, doesnt care about the employees. They only care that a pilot is there to move the plane. If the pilot shows up drunk, they will fire the pilot. If they cared about the pilot, they would get them treatment. Remember, nobody is looking out for you, except you.

If a company requires an applicant to be "sponsored", I dont want to work there. I am looking out for what is best for me and my family, and if that means quiting and moving on, so be it.
Then stop boozing!!!!!

If you need a sponser than you must not be worth the trouble to fill out an application. Most of the people I know who work for Airtran are failures who could not make it elsewhere. Truth hurts.

Lame Lizard said:
If you need a sponser than you must not be worth the trouble to fill out an application. Most of the people I know who work for Airtran are failures who could not make it elsewhere. Truth hurts.
Are you smoking crack?

99% of ALL new-hires here MUST have a recommendation to get the interview. Along with going to an AIR, Inc conference, doing an initial meet and greet, AND being competitive with your flight time.

The TRUTH is that needing a sponsor is a requirement BY THE AIRLINE MANAGEMENT, both here and at FedEx.

So you're saying FedEx pilots are "failures who could not make it elsewhere", also?

Put down the pipe, detox, and go fly a trip! :)

******************** you Lizzard Mother ********************er have the balls to say that to one of us in person. I'll personally beat your ********************in ass if you so much as imply that to me in person. You limp dick coward mother ********************er

RV

Latest resources

Back