AirTran New hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More 717s for AirTran, bring them on.

No more 717's as per Floy. Can't work out the lease rates.

Lear70 said:
It's happened pretty recently at jetBlue as well; several people are cashing in their stock options in their first few months of employment, buying a 737 type, then moving on to Southwest. VERY expensive for jetBlue and will probably change the stock vesting process there to occur much later in your employment which will cost a lot of new-hires who are NOT planning on jumping ship THOUSANDS of dollars in lost investment opportunities.

I doubt this is happening. The stock options are vested annually over 5 years. The first opportunity to exercise the options is on your first anniversary and only 1/5th of your options. You can exercise another 1/5th on your 2nd anniversary and so on. I doubt that anyone recently has made enough money on their options in one year to pay for a 737 type.

Last edited by a moderator:
Straight from a buddy who works there. I believe there has been a policy shift in how you're vested in the last year or so, leading to the problem I mentioned.

He'll chime in if he feels like it, he's on the boards pretty regularly.

Hey Lear.....Wasss Up!!

Yes, we had the choice to switch our stock option vesting to 100% last year. I do not know what is happening to the new hires now. I think they are still 100% vested but maybe someone who was recently hired here can chime in.

Latest resources

Back