AirTran New hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70 said:
I bear the responsibility of, first and foremost, making sure you're not a jerk to work with so I'm not recommending someone my coworkers will hate to work with, and secondly,make sure you're not going to get the type rating and bail, thereby ensuring that I can never recommend someone again.

I must have really screwed over my buddies at ASA. I had a few friends get hired there years ago, so I applied as well. When I went to the interview, I had a few Letter Of Recommedations. I got hired, few years later, I quit to go to AWA. I never was too concerned about leaving ASA, andnever thought that my buddies reputation would be tarnished. They never said anything, in fact 2 of them asked me for LORs to help them get on with AWA.

I wonder what company paid for your Lear type rating and then you quit. Did you offer to repay them?

You might as well "use" or "take advantage" of these companies, because they do the same to US everyday......oh thats right, you would fly for free because you love to fly, and you dont want to burn any bridges.

skiandsurf said:
I must have really screwed over my buddies at ASA. I had a few friends get hired there years ago, so I applied as well. When I went to the interview, I had a few Letter Of Recommedations. I got hired, few years later, I quit to go to AWA. I never was too concerned about leaving ASA, andnever thought that my buddies reputation would be tarnished. They never said anything, in fact 2 of them asked me for LORs to help them get on with AWA.
I'm sure you didn't. But then again, AWA didn't require some turboprop rating to get hired, did they? Therefore you didn't go to ASA "just to get the type rating" and apply to AWA, right?

Thought so. You're trying to twist what you said around so it doesn't sound quite as bad; it's not working and no one is buying it.

I wonder what company paid for your Lear type rating and then you quit. Did you offer to repay them?
That would be a charter company I worked for back in '96. I quit after the FAA launched an investigation that shut the company down. Luckily (or more to the point, because I wouldn't involve myself in illegal activities because of my ETHICS and MORALS) I wasn't involved in the illegal activities. No, I didn't offer to repay them, but I didn't go to work there with the SOLE intention of getting the type rating just to apply to somewhere else, which is, again, what you are advocating.

You might as well "use" or "take advantage" of these companies, because they do the same to US everyday......oh thats right, you would fly for free because you love to fly, and you dont want to burn any bridges.
Nope. I wouldn't fly for free. Never have, never paid for any type ratings, never will.

You simply have no sense of ethics, it's that plain and simple. You do NOT go to work for a company JUST to get a type rating (or cash in their stock immediately to get a type rating), JUST so you can go to work for Southwest.

I imagine if you told Southwest you had done this, they probably wouldn't hire you. Think so? Then please tell Lindsey L in the People Department this story when you go for your interview, I'm sure she'd LOVE to hear it.

Last edited:
Lame Lizard said:
Maybe Fletch717, or Best Pilot can do if for you. Especially since they are you.

Chuckie, here's a little wake-up call for you . . . . most of the AirTran pilots on flightinfo know who the other AirTran pilots on here are.

So, since we all know who I am, who Fletch is, and who BestPilot is, you just sound like an even idiot than usual when you keep saying that I am those people.

PS., I saw Fletch on Sunday in ATL . . . he said he something about being on his way over to shave your mother's back . . . . must have been a MKE layover. ;)

Toecutter said:
Does anyone know how large the classes will be?

Sure is difficult to cut through all of the BS in these AirTran threads isn't it? I think I heard that the 7th should have had 16 in it and the 28th should be more than 20.

Yawn . . . . .

That just goes to show, Crustypanties, that you really don't know anyone who knows me. . . . . In fact, those who do know me are probably laughing even harder at you than at Chuckie.

One thing we have established, though, is that you are, without a doubt, a gerbil-hiding, pillow-biting nancy-boy.

So, sorry that you couldn't get hired at AirTran, howsabout riding off into the sunset already? Don't you have a pole to smoke somewhere? Have a nice life . . . . somewhere else.

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Yawn . . . . .

That just goes to show, Crustypanties, that you really don't know anyone who knows me. . . . . In fact, those who do know me are probably laughing even harder at you than at Chuckie.

One thing we have established, though, is that you are, without a doubt, a gerbil-hiding, pillow-biting nancy-boy.

So, sorry that you couldn't get hired at AirTran, howsabout riding off into the sunset already? Don't you have a pole to smoke somewhere? Have a nice life . . . . somewhere else.

:laugh:

j41driver said:
Sure is difficult to cut through all of the BS in these AirTran threads isn't it? I think I heard that the 7th should have had 16 in it and the 28th should be more than 20.
I've heard the same thing about the 7th class (started Monday), but I originally head the 28th class was closer to 30, must have leaned it out a bit.

Good luck to all of you, it's a blast! When they say to leave JC alone, they mean it... My buddies who bugged her about specific days off got hosed on schedules. I left her alone and got all weekends off, 1000 - 1400 sims, and two breaks of over a week in between some events, all paid. :)

p.s. Whoever needs crashpad info, give me a shout. I'm putting together a list of all the ones in ops that aren't on the bulletin boards in the training center 'cause I have 2 or 3 friends going through class this month.

/wenowreturnyoutoyourregularlyscheduledrant

:D

MOD INPUT:mad:

GUYS....PLEASE LET THIS THREAD GET BACK ON TOPIC. NO MORE PERSONAL ATTACKS, NAME CALLING, LINKS TO GAY SITES (UPPERCRUST). IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT WITH EACHOTHER PLEASE USE THE PM FEATURE. FIGHTING ON THE PUBLIC BOARD WILL NOT BE TOLORATED ANYMORE!!

THANKS FOR THE UNDERSTANDING

LONGHORN

Latest resources

Back