• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran miffed at Budweiser

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Steeler, Citrus, and other AirTran guys...

Not being a "media darling" has its advantages. You quietly make money, do your job well, and win fans (me included) in the process. I wouldn't complain about that--I'd smile, keep recruiting good guys and gals, and do your job. Enjoy your new jets, your seniority, and your paychecks. You might, however, try to do something about that Elton picture...

As for the whole valuejet thing--my take is give it a rest. Delta lost a jet when the one crew didn't set the flaps for takeoff, and another when the crew pushed the weather at DFW. AA flew a jet into a hill gooning up the FMS programming, and ran off the runway at Little Rock with a botched approach. Someone mentioned the SWA incident at Burbank. Pilots, mechanics, loaders, and even executives make mistakes. I don't think there was a pattern of criminal intent in any of those accidents. Poor judgement? Perhaps. But the real professionals out there--at FDX, Jetblue, Delta, or any other company--are the ones trying to A) learn from other's mistakes and B) proactively trying to prevent such incidents/accidents from happening again.

Its very easy to make a Sm@rtass comment when you are anonymous on a message board, but I think you lose all credibility and any perception of class you might have when you stoop to that level. Many of us donated to Mark's fund after we found out about his midair. How many of you casting spears at other airline pilots on the board for safety issues are involved in some way in safety? I am a current CFII, contribute to the AOPA safety foundation, and teach human factors periodically in my ANG job. IF safety is a concern to you (and it should be), there are about a 1000 avenues for you to get more involved. Contact your union, company, or local FSDO for information on how you can make our profession safer and more effective. Otherwise, as a great poster I've seen says, why don't you have a nice warm cup of shut the (*& up.

Well said.. Kudos....

Not to take anything away from the previous post... But, I am always 'miffed' at how unprofessional some of the professional pilots can be on this board? Some of it is a bit funny and entertaining. But some is just tasteless.

It seems we should all seek to improve our 'lot' and advance our profession.

Unfortunately, Discount Airline Guy.... hints at the sterotype that someone, somewhere is thinking about pilots. .... I must admit I laughed... and then was a bit disappointed that advertising wizkids in a think tank dreamt it up..

I give Joe a pat on the back for sticking up for the pilots... Pilots of all carriers.

Just wait until Bud makes an ad geared at cargo pilots. Our time is coming.:D

ironspud said:
Ed Zachary.

Think there is any chance they will do a "Mr Crap Beer with yeast, egg shells and rice for ingredients Beer Brewer" ditty?

Right On!! They don't call it Budwiper for nothing.

I never said he was labor 'friendly'.... That is obvious based on how our little union is being treated during negotiations. Hopefully it will improve.

However, I give him credit for sticking up for the LCC airlines. I didnt forget about past labor behaviors. Old school labor traditions are not beneficial to the carrier or the union... Hopefully things change.

reospeedwagon said:
GIVE ME A BREAK!

You want to know what I found "highly offensive"? When smokin' Joe Leonard said in a recent interview that he needed oil prices to go up to $80 a barrel and stay there for a while so that some of the competition would go away. What a HYPOCRITE! His airline gets a little "bad" press (if you want to call it that) and he gets his depends in a wad! LIGHTEN UP OLD MAN, IT WAS A JOKE! Dont worry, the white trash will still want to fly Airtran; I guess now they may have the option of Pabst Blue Ribbon or Milwaukee's Best! Sounds like a win-win to me.

Don't fark with PBR bitch!

pilotman700 said:
Just like he gave the pilots at Eastern a pat on the back, when he became Lorenzo's partner in anti-labor fun and games.

How soon we forget...

Why is he called "Forklift Joe"?

Instead of posting misleading information about Joe and the engine change in ORD why don't you give the facts...all of them. You probably don't have the facts do you?

RV

Latest resources

Back