Airtran miffed at Budweiser

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mnboyev said:
I never said he was labor 'friendly'.... That is obvious based on how our little union is being treated during negotiations. Hopefully it will improve.

However, I give him credit for sticking up for the LCC airlines. I didnt forget about past labor behaviors. Old school labor traditions are not beneficial to the carrier or the union... Hopefully things change.

Sticking up for the LCC's & its pilots? Hardly! Tell me you give him more credit than that: I hope he has better things to do. What I see is one week worth of publicity for Airtran for which he does not have to pay... even at the expense of VJ's name resurfacing. Who is the real "genius" here? As for the pilots, they'll hold their own. Along with Airtran, Budweiser got some recognition, too (they need it). It's win-win.

Steeler Fan said:
I just need to accept that AirTran will never be the media darling and have the associated hype that Southwest and JetBlue enjoy. (I'll stop now, let the flaming begin).

If it was SWA in the commercial, Herb would have called AB JR and challenged him to something. ( SWA vs AA Kelleher vs Crandall ). Joe just cried. Joe could have run with it and made it into something.

Texx said:
If it was SWA in the commercial, Herb would have called AB JR and challenged him to something. ( SWA vs AA Kelleher vs Crandall ). Joe just cried. Joe could have run with it and made it into something.

What you don't seem to get, Texx, is that they were talking about SWA pilots, and AirTran pilots, and Frontier, and ATA and JetBlue. The jingle was about ALL "Discount Airline Pilot Guys".

So, if you get hired by CAL, will we be calling you COTEXX? Just wondering.

Last edited:
stb said:
Budwieser does own 49% of Corona/Modela porfolio line.

Corona is so bad, the Mexicans think it sucks and laugh at how the Americans buy into the advertisements. A real beer to them is Tecate with a lime and rust on top of the can. The lime juice is to kill the stuff growing on top of the can.

What you ment to say was AirTran to serve Dos Equis XX.
True, true...or Pilsner Urquell. Or anything other than what comes with a twist off cap.
:beer:

Ty Webb said:
What you don't seem to get, Texx, is that they were talking about SWA pilots, and AirTran pilots, and Frontier, and ATA and JetBlue. The jingle was about ALL "Discount Airline Pilot Guys".

So, if you get hired by CAL, will we be calling you COTEXX? Just wondering.

Grow up. Didn't your parent teach you..sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me..? Pass it on the Joe.

Texx said:
Grow up. Didn't your parent teach you..sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me..? Pass it on the Joe.

Nah, I guess they were too busy teaching me to read for comprehension- would yours have done the same, maybe you would have responded to the topic of the post; the song (which I found mildly amusing) wasn't about AirTran, but about LCC pilots in general.

Ty Webb said:
Nah, I guess they were too busy teaching me to read for comprehension- would yours have done the same, maybe you would have responded to the topic of the post;

Mine did. I did. The topic of the post "Airtran miffed at Budweiser". Get it.

jacko123 said:
"And also hire civilian guys to help get the military guys thru training and show them what to wear to the bar on overnights."

He!! ya that was funny!!!!
Spotted a squadron t-shirt being worn in the bar on an overnight last week. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Get a grip Maverick, Sky or whatever your callsign is/was. (Yes these are real callsigns in action at my airline i'm embarrassed to admit.)

Latest resources

Back