• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran miffed at Budweiser

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Shiiiiiinnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Dangit, you're making me thirsty again...be right back need to make a run for the fridge.

C-150ETOPS said:
What arse clown at Airtran thought this ad was aimed at them?

I'm AA and thought it was funny as chit and aimed at me.

I get paid less than nearly every other Major/LCC pilot based on my years of service, especially Airtran guys hired years after I got on at AA. If I lived near an Airtran guy I'd probably be cutting his yard

Good point, Aren't we all "Discount airline pilots" these days?

I thought it was really funny -ignorant - but funny. I also think if a company doesn't QC an add before it airs and doesn't say to themselves "Gee, is there any chance I could offend any of my large customers by this add?" then they probably deserve what they get.

AFcitrus said:
Good point, Aren't we all "Discount airline pilots" these days?

I thought it was really funny -ignorant - but funny.

Couldn't agree more, I toss jabs at my friends at other airlines but we're all in the same boat in the end.

cl65capt said:
Where do you live? I'm in Cincinnati and my yard could use a trim.

This could work out. I think my low-rev bennies are free, and I will need a ride from bag claim.

You have to supply the equipment. Let me warn you, I'm "old school", Briggs & Stratton only. :D

cl65capt said:
Where do you live? I'm in Cincinnati and my yard could use a trim.

Wouldn't happen to know a John Schneider by chance? (Former Comair and current Citrus) He's an old college drinking buddy and I've been trying to track him down.

BTW, I'll take an ice cold Yeungling, Shiner, or Long Trail over any of that Anheuser Busch crap any day.

Jack Mahogoff said:
Wouldn't happen to know a John Schneider by chance? (Former Comair and current Citrus) He's an old college drinking buddy and I've been trying to track him down.

I don't think that's John. His profile says FO and John has been a capt for some time now. JS is a good guy.

Jack Mahogoff said:

BTW, I'll take an ice cold Yeungling, Shiner, or Long Trail over any of that Anheuser Busch crap any day.

Ed Zachary.

Think there is any chance they will do a "Mr Crap Beer with yeast, egg shells and rice for ingredients Beer Brewer" ditty?

FN FAL said:
So they are going to take it out on their customers by not providing the beverage? Smart.

Maybe Airtran should just raise their ticket prices so they can run off the Budwieser level customer and get more of the Corona or Negra Modela customers on board.

Budwieser does own 49% of Corona/Modela porfolio line.

Corona is so bad, the Mexicans think it sucks and laugh at how the Americans buy into the advertisements. A real beer to them is Tecate with a lime and rust on top of the can. The lime juice is to kill the stuff growing on top of the can.

What you ment to say was AirTran to serve Dos Equis XX.

Last edited:
Jack Mahogoff said:

I dont know John real well but we did fly together at Comair and I've seen him around at Airtran. PM if you want and I'll drop a note in his box.

C150, sure I'll supply the equipment, just name your price.

Latest resources

Back