Airtran medical insurance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

twepilot

Called Aetna today and did some investigating as to what my benefit was regarding wisdom teeth extraction. I was told by the rep it was a $30 copay (plus sedation and any remaining deductible) as long as the teeth were either partial or complete impaction. Went for the consult with the surgeon later in the afternoon and their insurance office staff calls Aetna and gets a "we don't cover that" from the Aetna rep. The office insurance rep then says to me that we can still use your Delta Dental insurance and proceeds to give a breakdown of the costs through them. $1800.00 WTF??!!
Has anyone ever had Aetna pay for their wisdom teeth extraction?

RV

Transition? Airtran Aetna pays far more than swa insurance in almost every case.

Airtran insurance was much better. If you need something covered, get it covered before you transition.

we just did the comparison, medical doesn't cover any of it on atran or swa. Surprisingly the dental covers more of it on the swa side , 1500 covered under swa basic plan or 2000 under the cadilac plan. numbers verified by call to HR. we are waiting until the crossover. much better coverage on this one item.

In most cases the coverage was better on the Airtran side (at least the medical insurance, not sure about dental). You paid a bit more on the premiums at AirTran, but that more than paid for itself if you had just one procedure. Out of pocket is higher on the SWA side.

You paid a bit more on the premiums at AirTran, but that more than paid for itself if you had just one procedure.

More than a "bit more". The difference in premiums in one year would not make up for a lower copay, unless you go to the Doctor 40 times a year. :rolleyes:

More than a "bit more". The difference in premiums in one year would not make up for a lower copay, unless you go to the Doctor 40 times a year. :rolleyes:

I pay $56 a month for my health insurance at Airtran with a deductible of $200, everything covered 100% above that. Even if the premium was free at SWA, which I know it is not, one procedure of $3500 would be more expensive at SWA than at AT with the 80% coverage up to a certain amount ($3000 or $4000?). Now I haven't had to use my insurance in years so the $10-20(?) a month I save in premiums will be nice when I cross over next month, but it's nice to know that if I need it in a major way I'll only pay $200 out of my own pocket instead of the thousand(s) I'd pay on the other side. So Airtran peeps if you need something major done, do it before you cross over.

Latest resources

Back