• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Me too

It is what it is

These threads are as bad as east- west

Seriously, this is the only airline I've worked at who doesn't pay for parking, only major without uniform expenses, we all know retirement is at or below par when profit sharing is weak, buddy passes have become a joke- and I still say it is unequal compensation for singles to not get a full benefits companion when married ones get full benefits for their wife and all kids- and medical dental is down to average

I'm happy to discuss these and glad air tran pilots are pointing things out
Doesn't mean they're disgruntled

SWA is the best place I've worked at in 6 airlines-
We should be secure enough to admit that it doesn't offer the best benefits

Delta doesn't get uniform reimbursement or so I've learned if it makes you feel better.

I'll also second what Wave said. Out of 3 major airlines, this is by far the best one I've ever worked for.

Yes....new buddy pass SWAG program absolutely sux ! I challenge any SWA pilot to tell me different. Pilots were/are not the problem when it comes to sick leave abuse but as my AT bros will find out, here at SWA, the company sees all employees as equal. Never mind we gotta get 2 physicals per year, never mind that we have to comply with FAA directives when it comes to health, as a Pilot you are no different than the new hire working at a cubicle at the GO.

I had a better medical plan at my prior airline. And while we're having this discussion, didn't we have a current SWAPA Rep get told by a company benefits person he " made enough money as a pilot" when he was trying to get UHC to pay for his wife's surgery ? So far, I've been lucky on the medical insurance stuff, but I've now heard too many stories from our guys at this point, to have any confidence in our UHC plan that SWA administers.

Yup....SWA is better than where I've been but we have our share of warts as any large organization does.

Last edited:
To be fair UHC has sucked and always been shady everywhere I've been forced to use them

I really need to talk to our benefits coordinator and see if there is any way to kick them to the curb

And yes, there is for sure a culture at the GO that pilots are overpaid bus drivers-
Hence dispatchers getting FO money- they all think we have it easy, and they're the one's really doing the work. :-/

Where have I heard that before?

Oh...at every airline I've worked at

It does suck here though- pretty strong like that sentiment comes straight from the top. Executive level.
:-/

Last edited:
You can't drop trips and can't trade them=Pilots call in sick. Airline 101
Trip trading needs a 2014 update from the 80s, so does the non-reving system.

As far as United Healthcare, Doesn't pay for back disc replacement. 20,000.00. So long term it is, until someone decides to figure it out. Aetna would pay for it. I remember the 60 visits a year to a chiro/massage for 20.00 co pay under Aetna.

Just my 2cents

You can't drop trips and can't trade them=Pilots call in sick. Airline 101
Trip trading needs a 2014 update from the 80s, so does the non-reving system.

As far as United Healthcare, Doesn't pay for back disc replacement. 20,000.00. So long term it is, until someone decides to figure it out. Aetna would pay for it. I remember the 60 visits a year to a chiro/massage for 20.00 co pay under Aetna.

Just my 2cents

Buyer's remorse?

Latest resources

Back