• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC: Whine on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So pay the "promised" 717 CPs post 1/15 SWA CP pay....but the SWA FOs senior to those guys gals might take issue...ugly for SWA, but they made this mess...

So pay the "promised" 717 CPs post 1/15 SWA CP pay....but the SWA FOs senior to those guys gals might take issue...ugly for SWA, but they made this mess...

Those SWA FOs did not bid for, nor were they awarded 717 Captain positions. The bid was directed by SWA Management. They created the bid and announced a new base for the 717, whilst negotiating the end of the aircraft at SWA.

You've got to admit, that's pretty dodgy.

Most people on both sides have issues with this deal...but this is America, and if it isn't in writing beware...from the perspective of SWA mgmt (who are not the founders) and pretty much everyone else not personally impacted, divesting the 717 was a good business decision... The 717 bidders at AAI gambled and lost... They should have not have been surprised, pissed for sure...

The shareholders/wall street would never support or understand if SWA mgmt promised to keep the 717 so that the FAT pilots could keep their seats...

Same lying management that every Other airline has. "He ain't Herb" would be better than flattish won't fly. GK is being told by the board to pony up on a return on investment. I am sure madjack proudly sports his rsw bracelet and will glladly accept anythig that management offers. Tried and true corndog yellow to the core...... anything management says is find by him.

Last edited:
JK,

Sure I would like a raise, and while I would not "gladly" accept a flattish contract, I realize I am just labor and I will not spend the rest oft life bitching about it...

I wasn't happy about SWA slowing growth, but the company survived... Yeah, it took me 10.5 years to upgrade, much longer than at AAI, but AAI will cease to exist in 18 months...

Latest resources

Back