AirTran MEC: Whine on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hotels

I'm planning on commuting to ATL as a Capt for the seniority and was interested in commuter hotels. Any ideas??

I'm planning on commuting to ATL as a Capt for the seniority and was interested in commuter hotels. Any ideas??

This should probably be in its own thread. If you're not kicking someone at SWA or AirTran in the nuts, then this comment belongs somewhere else. Although,.... now that I think about it, I can see some AirTran guys taking the "as a Capt for the seniority" part as a semi-subtle sock to the sack*, so maybe you're not that far off.

Bubba

* or boot to the balls, knee to the nuts, jack to the junk; or insert your favorite other turn of phrase here...

Look on the west side of Virginia Ave. Across I85. Lots of food choices within walking distance. Easy walking, especially at night.

From flattish wont fly to a strike vote. Really?

Sure. Like going from a water pistol to a KAC SR25 7.62 in full auto.

Like going from a KIA to a Ferrari.

Careful Sacha - You just compared your unions policy to a nasty little car and a piece of plastic that squirts. Then you compared ALPA to a fine Italian car and the superior calibre. With the exception of .303

http://youtu.be/eaAQsxAQYHg?t=26s

How you been ? :D

Dicko,

I've been great Mate. You?

I guess that's one way of looking at the comparison. ALPA, SWAPA ....doesn't matter to me. I have been with ALPA at 5 previous carriers and it has always boiled down this; how your Association functions is a matter of Member participation, education and the Leaders you elect. Apathy and ignorance on the part of the Membership is key. Particularly when it comes to electing your Leaders.

.303 absolutely. But I just broke away from the pack and purchased a LWRC 10.5" SBR in 6.8mm. Ammo is a little pricey but I am reloading my own which helps.

Strike vote at SWA is humorous. Besides. Never take a Strike vote unless you are willing to carry it out. The Eastern situation was a rare event in which I don't believe we had any other option other than Honoring the IAM strike because we would have been next. In virtually all other situations I believe Pilots should never take their hands off the Thrust Levers.

We'll see what direction SWAPA takes when a significant number of members are FAT f/o's and in some cases holding majorities in WN bases (could be through 2017 with the capturing of all of the AT captain seats). Just another of the many unintended consequences. This isn't your daddy's Southwest Airlines anymore.

Latest resources

Back