• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC: Whine on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this really a serious question? He made millions of dollars for himself, and now he gets to sit around on his ass and do nothing. He was probably not long for the job, so better to get a huge payoff before getting booted.

Your holy grail, PCL?? ^^^^

Seriously man, get off the chair and start moving- realize we as humans were not meant to scam our way through life, taking short cut after short cut-

Life can be a satisfying thing when you earn it. You appear to have no faith in your actual abilities

Ty-
You do know that Skywest an Asa had a few dozen delta hires after their early retirement, right? SLC base and all
They're in their mid 50's ...retired- they went to where the jobs were-

AT seniority was SO valuable that a few HUNDRED of your peers gave up ALL their AT seniority to start at the bottom of SWA.

Get over yourselves. I know there are a LOT of good pilots and people there who found a niche and ride a seniority wave to a good spot. I still have friends at republic who can say te same thing. corporate guys who's job outclasses any of ours. But most of your pilots are not in that category. And you know it

AirTran is filled with pilots who had recall rights to the legacies and turned them all down to stay here. The argument that pilots were clamoring to get out of AirTran is completely hollow. And your pulled-out-your-ass figures of "hundreds" of pilots leaving to go to SWA is pure comedy.

Well, not to belabor the obvious, we had NO SWA pilots go to AAI, even the ones that lived in ATL...but this banter is all just pointless amusement...the only truth is you are coming over the partition sooner than later, better get used to the idea of being a SWA pilot, AAI is history...

I like SWA. I think they are a great airline. Their free and easy jump seat policies have gotten me everywhere I've wanted to go in the continental U.S. for the last 15 years. Their flights run mostly on time and they treat offline nonrevs great. Their policies on unaccompanied minors and ticket changes/refunds made my visitation easy when my daughter was little.

But not everyone wants to work at SWA. Right after I got recalled to Hawaiian after a 5 year furlough and was at the bottom of the seniority list with hardly any longevity (i.e. nothing holding me to back), I turned down an interview with SWA because I was happy being at Hawaiian. Hawaiian was always my first choice of airline and I/we (most Hawaiian pilots) view our seniority number at Hawaiian as more important than a seniority number at SWA, Delta, etc. I would hate for Hawaiian to be bought and if it did happen, I would be fighting as hard or harder than the AirTran guys to protect my seniority.

SWA guys thinking SWA is a better place to work than AirTran doesn't necessarily make it so. Ever since this was first announced, SWA pilots on this site have displayed an arrogance that reflects very badly on them as a pilot group. I have had many discussions with SWA/AirTran pilots about this acquisition on both the SWA jump seat and with them in my jump seat, as well as with the couple of SWA pilots and one AirTran pilot I personally know. Except for one SWA LAS CP claiming after the initial announcement that AirTran pilots were glorified regional pilots who would be lucky to be stapled, I've never seen this arrogance displayed in the real world. (This CP went on to say Hawaiian could expect the same if ever bought by SWA because we were a small insignificant airline. If we had still been on the ground, he would have been invited to leave.) In fact, about 2 weeks ago when I jumped to SAN the FO was a just brought over former AirTran Captain on his 5th SWA flight. The SWA Captain said to me that he should be a Captain at SWA not a FO. The FO shrugged and said that you just had to accept what life hands you.

The AirTran pilots on here need to get over their anger and make the best the situation. The SWA pilots need to drop their arrogance and have a little sympathy for lives/careers going in a different direction than planned.

OBTW, Hawaiian over SWA??...ballsy move. FEDEX/UPS, very much with a lot of qualifiers perhaps a resurgent DAL (over SWA), but Hawaiian? No offense but from a long term career perspective that is a riskier move. You want your current airline job to be your last...no more uniform changes.

OBTW, Hawaiian over SWA??...ballsy move. FEDEX/UPS, very much with a lot of qualifiers perhaps a resurgent DAL (over SWA), but Hawaiian? No offense but from a long term career perspective that is a riskier move. You want your current airline job to be your last...no more uniform changes.
Since we were founded in 1929 and are doing quite well financially, I think we'll be around for a long time.

Back then, I would have taken a FedEx or Delta interview or job offer. Now, no.

Latest resources

Back