• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC: Whine on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This topic is over, we will never agree, good luck! You did not ask to get bought, and we did not ask to buy you, the CEOs did all this and that is the best spin we can put on it...we think you got great deal (largely because we still think SWA is a great place to work), you think you got screwed because you were sold along with your AAI seniority.

If AT was such a great place with a great future, why did the CEO shop to sell AT? This is not a metaphor.

Is this really a serious question? He made millions of dollars for himself, and now he gets to sit around on his ass and do nothing. He was probably not long for the job, so better to get a huge payoff before getting booted.

If AT was such a great place with a great future, why did the CEO shop to sell AT? This is not a metaphor.

no doubt, what other ceo had been shopping to sell his own airline?

along with that questioning, i'd heard anywhere from 40-60% of the pilots had apps in at swa. can't say i've ever heard of any swa guys trying to leave and go to aai. i've a good friend who was capt at aai, he said a bunch of guys had apps at delta, fedex and ups.

pcl, if you loved it, good for you, but the numbers simply do not support the fact that aai was the end all that you try to make it. if aai seniority was as worthy to others as it was to you why so many outstanding apps? i can't say i've ever been in a conversation where anyone at swa, delta, fedex, etc, was getting input about leaving and going to aai.

Is this really a serious question? He made millions of dollars for himself, and now he gets to sit around on his ass and do nothing. He was probably not long for the job, so better to get a huge payoff before getting booted.
Incorrect answer. Zero points.

no doubt, what other ceo had been shopping to sell his own airline?

Hmmmm . . . Here's a short list for ya, "Short Bus":

NWA
AMR
UAL
USAir

:laugh:

along with that questioning, i'd heard anywhere from 40-60% of the pilots had apps in at swa. can't say i've ever heard of any swa guys trying to leave and go to aai. i've a good friend who was capt at aai, he said a bunch of guys had apps at delta, fedex and ups.
Rumor, allegory and assumptions . . . . Apparently, you never took a Logic class . . . :rolleyes:

i can't say i've ever been in a conversation where anyone at swa, delta, fedex, etc, was getting input about leaving and going to aai.
So, you're apparently not aware that AirTran hired a couple of dozen former Delta guys, huh? :rolleyes:

It's bad enough to lose something, but to lose it to someone who is clueless to what you lost and and classless enough to keep bringing it up is even worse.

Last edited:
TY,

Those Delta's guys you hired are early buy out guys. So it's not like they left for greener pastures.

TY,

Those Delta's guys you hired are early buy out guys. So it's not like they left for greener pastures.

Yes, but sometime around after 2007, Delta said they would hire them back as newhires, so then they had the choice to return to DAL as newhires, or stay at AirTran; most stayed. It will be interesting to see how many of them choose to go to SWA as 2005 AirTran hires, or return to Delta as newhires.

While we're at it, unless something major changes, you can count on seeing a lot of SWA F/O turnover in the coming years; if you guys don't see that coming now, you will be in for a shock. . . . and Widgeon will have to find another yardstick to measure the fairness of SLI. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hmmmm . . . Here's a short list for ya, "Short Bus":

NWA
AMR
USAir

what do these 3 have in common? bk. so aai was heading that direction?

Rumor, allegory and assumptions . . . . Apparently, you never took a Logic class . . .
/QUOTE]

trying to use some of your logic with the above retort. let me see if i can't get a number for you from a swapa rep. but i'm sure you'll say they are just lying, so should i even make the effort?

So, you're apparently not aware that AirTran hired a couple of dozen former Delta guys, huh?
/QUOTE]

texman took care of this one.

It's bad enough to lose something, but to lose it to someone who is clueless to what you lost and and classless enough to keep bringing it up is even worse.

i get it, you, pcl, lear and a handful of others didn't want to leave YOUR paradise. i'm sorry your world was so thrown up into turmoil...the heck with it. sorry you're here, really i am, best of luck to ya', i'd buy ya' a coffee but might give you a cup of water first to throw on me. you're the coffee throwing guy aren't ya'. :)

Well, it's more than a handful, transitions from AAI CA to SWA FO are starting to be junior-assigned (not enough bidding for it). If it was such a lottery win, it would be going senior.

Btw, the coffee thing was intended to be funny, hope you enjoyed it.

Regds,
Ty

Latest resources

Back