• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC: Whine on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A newhire Airtran FO doing airport reserve.

Airport Reserve pays the same hourly rate as everything else.

If trotting out our 2001 Contract continues to give you a chubby, let's break out the SWA 1982 Contract (SWA's equivalent year in business). That should be equally mirth-provoking. :D

Btw, when our 2001 Contract was negotiated, the average time on Reserve was a few months. I spent one month on Reserve as an FO, one month as a Captain . . . total Reserve in 12 years - two months; that was the atmosphere that contract was negotiated in . . . the logic was that Pilots spent a year or two as an FO, and the remainder as a Captain, so the negotiation capital was spent accordingly. By 2010, that had changed tremendously, and the improvements were largely spent of the FO scales.

Last edited:
Airport Reserve pays the same hourly rate as everything else.

If trotting out our 2001 Contract continues to give you a chubby, let's break out the SWA 1982 Contract (SWA's 8th year in business). That should be equally mirth-provoking.

Btw, when our 2001 Contract was negotiated, the average time on Reserve was a few months. I spent one month on Reserve as an FO, one month as a Captain . . . total Reserve in 12 years - two months.

I'm glad you got hired at the right time Ty. We have plenty on this side as well, but the ones that didn't are living a different job.....as you stated in your post above. And I agree that we have that as well, but maybe to a lesser extent.

Your 2001 contract is what you've been work under until SW stepped in...right? Are you actually trying to refute that? It doesn't matter to me whether you were working under a contract dated 2001 or 2008. It was YOUR current contract at the time. How are trying spin that as anything else? Is the sky green in your world?

Red, this has been explained to you and everyone else on here a million times.

I know you have a lot personally invested in believing that somehow, we would still be working under that contract 14 years later, but

We had already voted down the 2010 rates when they were offered to us in 2008

and,

We grudgingly accepted them the third time around because of the merger.

Over and Out.

Last edited:
Red, this has been explained to you and everyone else on here a million times.

I know you have a lot personally invested in believing that somehow, we would still be working under that contract 14 years later, but

We had already voted down the 2010 rates when they were offered to us in 2008

and,

We grudgingly accepted them the third time around because of the merger..

Over and Out.

I understand that and I'm done talking about it as well.

Come on over...you'll like it here. Starbucks on me, especially after you toss it on my shirt. :)

I understand that and I'm done talking about it as well.

Come on over...you'll like it here. Starbucks on me, especially after you toss it on my shirt. :)

Now, that's pretty clever! :D

Thanks, I'm getting tired of the re-hash, too. It's like kicking a rock . . . at first it might make you feel good, but eventually, you just end up with a sore foot.

:beer:

Latest resources

Back