• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way I see it AAI FOs got parity with the industry average. Nothing to brag about and an eventual outcome. Even management was on board with that before the merger announcement with pilot shortages coming.

The only advantage the merger annoucement did for our contract negotiations was the reserve Captains took a big pay cut and our Captain line holders are about 5% below industry average.

Well thought out post JT. I just wish you guys could have voted on your future instead of 7 guys blocking you.

Dicko,

You're actually saying you might have been released or given a nice contract shortly after Sept 2010? Ah, okay. That's not even close to reality.

What were the FOs topping out at before then? 80 dollars and hour?

When in the history of airlines has an MEC voted down a 40% pay raise, 10 year fence and CP seat protection. ALPA gave u unrealistic expectations and greed and arrogance (of the ATL disgruntled CPs mostly) did the rest, nice work!

.....and stapled every single FO to the bottom of the list.
Yeah great deal.

.....and stapled every single FO to the bottom of the list.
Yeah great deal.

What did you expect Brit?

DOH with a 40-50% payraise?

The two airlines were on the other ends of the spectrum with regards to career expectations.

The staple? Yea, that turned out much better in AIP2 right?

What did you expect Brit?

DOH with a 40-50% payraise?

The two airlines were on the other ends of the spectrum with regards to career expectations.

The staple? Yea, that turned out much better in AIP2 right?

I expected the company to keep it's nose out of SLI negotiations, I expected a fair integration, I did not expect a "40% -50%" pay raise.

All reasonable expectations. I would have upgraded this year with AT. I will never upgrade at SWA. How's that for an expectation?

I did get an integration number in the second deal not a staple so in that respect, I did a little better.

You expected the company to stay out and screw their own pilots? Not happening, didn't happen, and all accomplished within the framework of the agreed upon documents. Get over yourself.

You expected the company to stay out and screw their own pilots? Not happening, didn't happen, and all accomplished within the framework of the agreed upon documents. Get over yourself.

Stop it with "get over yourself" BS. It's childish.
How would the company staying out of negotiations screwed their pilots? That's the dumbest statement ever.
You know this was a jacked up deal so does the rest of the industry. If you don't know this then you have to be delusional.

The only thing childish is thinking a Fortune 500 company would stay out of integration talks between its most important unions.

Latest resources

Back