• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, I am sure the16 year AirTran guy who just moved out of his seat, so that you could so you could show us all what a gracious Captain you would make, is feeling like he won the lottery. :laugh:

......that was voted in by 84% of AirTran Pilots. As a path to citizenship to Southwest. :beer:. You guys teach us how to fly international, single engine taxi (that you constantly take credit for) and we will teach you how to fly a 737, that we invented!

Ty you have convinced me...lets give all AAI CPs a SWA CP seat...now can we get along?...see ya in ATL...on rsv....

You mean the valujet guy who come 2015 can start making more $$ than he ever could...yeah I feel for him...

Wacky Jackie, Welcome to "The Sore Winners' Club", otherwise known as my Ignore List. You have fun in there.

Adios!

In this case in particular, the relative seniority argument is only accurate with ZERO retirements.

The AT pilot group is younger and and the average tenure at any given seniority level is around half of that of an SWA pilot. In ten years, the top 10 % of the seniority list would have been disproportionally AT by a large percentage whilst having half the longevity of those just junior to them.

The folks who say longevity shouldn't matter are usually those with less of it.

Again, I'm not trying to start a fight, I am just pointing out that relative is not as "fair" as some believe. In the exact moment it occurs, maybe. Down the road, no way!

Try telling that to an America West pilot.

M

Your 16 year AAI Cp will be a 30k SWA Cp....holding any base, and flying weekdays...not a poster child ex for the "harm" done to FATs...

Your 16 year AAI Cp will be a 30k SWA Cp....holding any base, and flying weekdays...not a poster child ex for the "harm" done to FATs...

True. If he doesn't retire before getting to that point. I'm trying to focus on what will be happening 5 years from now at SWA. There will be a/c deliveries, retirements and expansion into new territory. I've got that kind of time to wait. And I get to do from home. If more trannies were in my boat it would probably cut the number of pages on this thread substantially. So that's what you are hearing here, is the folks who don't have time on their side and took a clobbering seniority wise.

Latest resources

Back