• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stop it with "get over yourself" BS. It's childish.
How would the company staying out of negotiations screwed their pilots? That's the dumbest statement ever.
You know this was a jacked up deal so does the rest of the industry. If you don't know this then you have to be delusional.

Brit,

You sound like a little baby that didn't get its way and is complaining that mommy didn't give you exactly what you wanted.

You got bought. The company that bought you wanted a fast contract for the two pilot groups so that it didn't end up like US Air/America West. They got involved and moved the process forward since it was obvious that Airtran negotiating team was hoping for arbitration.

Brit,

You sound like a little baby that didn't get its way and is complaining that mommy didn't give you exactly what you wanted.

You got bought. The company that bought you wanted a fast contract for the two pilot groups so that it didn't end up like US Air/America West. They got involved and moved the process forward since it was obvious that Airtran negotiating team was hoping for arbitration.

And people think you guys are arrogant? Can't imagine why.
As I said before, I don't care any more. It's just a job and I'm preparing for furlough next year.

Brit,

Exactly. The Airtran MEC attempted to slow walk the process to the arbitration end point.

So let's say that was successful. Would there still be RAT pilots not able to hold ATL or MCO and start commuting to OAK? I'd say the odds were 100%.

Look around. When most companies get bought out, the purchasing company slowly integrates the parts they won't and usually sheds around 90% of everything else. Most of the employees of the acquired company are out looking for new jobs. It's the reality of business in this country. I didn't say I agree with it, but it goes on everyday, every week in the US.

Exactly. The Airtran MEC attempted to slow walk the process to the arbitration end point.

So let's say that was successful. Would there still be RAT pilots not able to hold ATL or MCO and start commuting to OAK? I'd say the odds were 100%.

Look around. When most companies get bought out, the purchasing company slowly integrates the parts they won't and usually sheds around 90% of everything else. Most of the employees of the acquired company are out looking for new jobs. It's the reality of business in this country. I didn't say I agree with it, but it goes on everyday, every week in the US.

The difference is that those jobs are not tied to seniority. Hence McCaskill-Bond.

The difference is that those jobs are not tied to seniority. Hence McCaskill-Bond.

I'd say there are plenty of positions that have seniority attached to them. Maybe not as well defined as pilots.

In reality, Gary could have done the same. Nowhere in B-M does it say he can't operate AAI as stand alone carrier. He didn't want to flush all those jobs and start over...but he could have. What good was B-M here anyway? A complete non-factor.

Unbelievable....ur seats r going to DL...M/B saved ur job...u and the ATL brain trust gave up the protections and $$... Thanks to you and ur ilk RSW CPs will be domiciled in the SWA ATL base later this year....nice work

WHY ARE WE STILL ARGUING ABOUT STUFF WE HAVE NO CONTROLL OVER??

This thread is ridiculous!!

There are guys and gals on both sides who feel screwed. But over 80% voted yes on both sides. THAT IS THE ONLY TIME OR PLACE WE HAD ANY EFFECT ON IT!!

Most of us didn't negotiate, propose, write, recommend, or maufacture any of this.

WHAT DO WE CONTROL?

How we treat each other and how we act going forward. I hope all of this foolish name calling and vitriol is left at the parking garage when you come to work.

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS...

We have a great standard of living and quality of life compared any way you like...HISTORICALLY, vs THE REST OF THE PLANET, vs Many of our fellow citizens!!

LIFE AINT FAIR...QUIT MAKING IT UNPLEASANT TOO!!!

If you are going to be a capt at SWA...count your blessings

If you are already on the top 75% of the list...count your blessings

When you come to work...BE NICE...You only have one life...Lets enjoy it

I'll buy any tranny the first beer...but only if your dress matches your shoes..

Patently false, every company out there has folks working under a seniority system, codified or otherwise. The Bond M law is a vestige of politics gone wild and the government trying to tell business how best to run their company. If McDonalds bought out Burger King, how many employees at BK would expect to have a job? Nowhere else is there a law which requires keeping and integrating employees, Nowhere.

Patently false, every company out there has folks working under a seniority system, codified or otherwise. The Bond M law is a vestige of politics gone wild and the government trying to tell business how best to run their company. If McDonalds bought out Burger King, how many employees at BK would expect to have a job? Nowhere else is there a law which requires keeping and integrating employees, Nowhere.

Burger King? Micky D's? Are you really trying to argue this point? :rolleyes:

Airlines are union shops. When you move to another airline, you lose all seniority. Not the same with any other profession. When an Engineer, or a Financial Analyst or a Doctor or a Lawyer move on, they are generally move up or at least horizontally. Surely, even you can see this.

Latest resources

Back