• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC CYA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The original AirTran Airways was a B737-200 operator. There were still a couple on the certificate when I was hired in 2001, but the 717's replaced them.

The ACMI lease from Ryan was a temporary measure to block JetBlue in ATL. It had all sorts of restrictions (could only be between ATL and LAX, SEA, SFO, and SAN) and had a sunset clause that triggered when our 737's were on the line.

Jet Blue wasn't afraid of competing with DAL on the route, but once we started operating it as well, they bailed out of ATL altogether. Nothing scares Jet Blue like an angry Tranny. :D

Last edited:
The original AirTran Airways was a B737-200 operator. There were still a couple on the certificate when I was hired in 2001, but the 717's replaced them.

The ACMI lease from Ryan was a temporary measure to block JetBlue in ATL. It had all sorts of restrictions (could only be between ATL and LAX, SEA, SFO, and SAN) and had a sunset clause that triggered when our 737's were on the line.

Jet Blue wasn't afraid of competing with DAL on the route, but once we started operating it as well, they bailed out of ATL altogether. Nothing scares Jet Blue like an angry Tranny. :D

Trust me-- Angry trannies scare a lot of us. That's why I don't drink as much as I used to. Wait... What were you talking about again? :blush:

Bubba

It's a 737, it flies itself...with that said the -300 is completely round dial, no A-T with different flap speeds (than the NG) and flying the occasional leg, especially at night (friggin thing is dark) can be a red ass. But with a 1000 planeless FATs in our future I'm glad we r keeping them!

Just a quick clarification, the first bunch of 737's were leased from Gecas, and were Gecas spec and delivery spots, which allowed AT to have lower initial capital outlay, and get the airplanes on property sooner. The leases were all negotiated as part of the order with Boeing, one big shell game.

The 717's, they came from a mix of places as well. There were the original AT deliveries, the used TWA airplanes, a few from Pembroke Capitol, as well as the VuelaMax airplanes. At the end, a couple came from Bangkok Airways. We even bought two from Hawaiian, then sold them back to them after roughly 3 years. All the 717 stuff was brokered through Boeing Capitol, who owned and leased us most of the 717 fleet.

No one advocated our top guys next to yours. A blended list would have started around 1996. That's all water under the bridge, but let's not rewrite history.

Yes. Please don't rewrite history. Especially when you were not privy to the offers on the table.

I don't think anyone was asking for anything to be handed to them, I think that all they wanted was an opportunity to make their case in front of a neutral arbitrator in a process all had previously agreed to.

The process agreement allowed and conceived arbitration. It did not guarantee it. Arbitration was never guaranteed, that is the lie propagated by those sent to secure such a guarantee.

"Until and unless".

The process agreement allowed and conceived arbitration. It did not guarantee it. Arbitration was never guaranteed, that is the lie propagated by those sent to secure such a guarantee.

"Until and unless".

Yes, the process agreement did guarantee arbitration in the event that a negotiated agreement could not be reached. But we weren't afforded that, because Gary was hell-bent on making sure that a "negotiated" agreement was reached by holding a gun to our heads and ordering us to sign on the dotted line. You know, the "golden rule."

Yes, the process agreement did guarantee arbitration in the event that a negotiated agreement could not be reached. But we weren't afforded that, because Gary was hell-bent on making sure that a "negotiated" agreement was reached by holding a gun to our heads and ordering us to sign on the dotted line. You know, the "golden rule."

The AirTran MEC was hell bent on not negotationing in good faith . They had a full proff plan and no intentions of listening to your NC.

Why don't you tell this crowd the background of your MEC, and how some of them have such hate for SWA. They threw the AT pilots under the bus, because of there hate for SWA.

The AirTran pilots picked the NC. They had a right to vote on what the NC negotiated .

Latest resources

Back