• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC CYA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"You have to see it going on around you to believe it. Actually, I went to some lengths to help a FA retrive (sic) her cell phone today. She couldn't believe I stepped in, but she would have done the same if needed. There's no other airline that compares in this regard.".........................

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... only SWA has people who make any sort of effort.

No pilot at Airtran (or any other pilot at any other airline) has ever pushed a wheel chair, retrieved a stroller, chased down a customer who left an Ipad on board in the seat back pocket, thrown a bag with the rampers, helped an old lady with her bag or took the time to talk to the customers.

"and then in January of 2015 he attends upgrade school".....

IF there are any vacancies.... you know, all those training events that are happening right now for the upgrades kind of puts an influx of Captains in all the bases.

"yet they hire about 20% of those 25" ..............

Once again you trot out the "hallowed" few that have made the grade, but just about everyone knows a great guy who got hired at SWA, a great guy who got turned down by SWA and a complete turd who got hired by SWA. Take a moment and eat some humble pie.

Any yet they hire about 20% of those 25 Fletch. And we didn't take anyone that was fired from other 121 carriers.

Yes because your process is retarded. Your telling me that out of 25 guys only 5 have the "right stuff" to fly a 35 year old 737 from oak to las to bwi to Bos in the right seat. You guys REALLY need to get over yourselves.

"You have to see it going on around you to believe it. Actually, I went to some lengths to help a FA retrive (sic) her cell phone today. She couldn't believe I stepped in, but she would have done the same if needed. There's no other airline that compares in this regard.".........................

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... only SWA has people who make any sort of effort.

No pilot at Airtran (or any other pilot at any other airline) has ever pushed a wheel chair, retrieved a stroller, chased down a customer who left an Ipad on board in the seat back pocket, thrown a bag with the rampers, helped an old lady with her bag or took the time to talk to the customers.

"and then in January of 2015 he attends upgrade school".....

IF there are any vacancies.... you know, all those training events that are happening right now for the upgrades kind of puts an influx of Captains in all the bases.

"yet they hire about 20% of those 25" ..............

Once again you trot out the "hallowed" few that have made the grade, but just about everyone knows a great guy who got hired at SWA, a great guy who got turned down by SWA and a complete turd who got hired by SWA. Take a moment and eat some humble pie.
And then there's the turd that goes the wrong way through the back door.

Former FAT senior CP, now senior SWA FO, told me he was glad he came over as an FO so he could "learn the system" before he upgraded in 2015...he was quite happy and stated there are a few malcontents in ATL who will never be happy...

And commuting to the west coast.

If this guy we're talking about is really a FAT 15-16 year CA, than he is a fair amount senior to me on the combined list, as the FAT guy right ahead of me on the list just hit 14 years since his orig AirTran hire date, and I'm barely just not able to hold Dallas CA (I can hold CA in any other base). That means that he could hold CA in any base he chooses, including Dallas. He will have even more seniority come his upgrade in early 2015. He won't be commuting anywhere; he wouldn't even have to sit CA reserve in Dallas, let alone anywhere else. He'll be a lineholding CA in any base he chooses. So spare us the "poor me, I have the worst position in life possible since SWA bought AirTran" crap, because we're not buying it. It's just more of the AirTran FI malcontent rhetoric, claiming the worst possible aspect of every situation, even when it's clearly not true.

Bubba

Yes because your process is retarded. Your telling me that out of 25 guys only 5 have the "right stuff" to fly a 35 year old 737 from oak to las to bwi to Bos in the right seat. You guys REALLY need to get over yourselves.

Actually, since you guys didn't have 737 classics, you probably DON'T have the right stuff to fly a "35-year old 737." You know, that old school plane-flyin' stuff, where you gotta' do more than push buttons.

But more importantly, Southwest doesn't actually HAVE any 35-year old planes, since that age would make a 737 a -200 model, the last of which we got rid of about 10 years ago. More exaggered hyperbole for comic effect, or is YOUR personal process just retarded and you don't know better? I think it's YOU guys that really need to get over yourselves (and your whining about stuff that isn't even true).

Bubba

Last edited:
Actually, since you guys didn't have 737 classics, you probably DON'T have the right stuff to fly a "35-year old 737." You know, that old school plane-flyin' stuff, where you gotta' do more than push buttons.

But more importantly, Southwest doesn't actually HAVE any 35-year old planes, since that age would make a 737 a -200 model, the last of which we got rid of about 10 years ago. More exaggered hyperbole for comic effect, or is YOUR personal process just retarded and you don't know better? I think it's YOU guys that really need to get over yourselves (and your whining about stuff that isn't even true).

Bubba

Now that is funny!;)

If this guy we're talking about is really a FAT 15-16 year CA, than he is a fair amount senior to me on the combined list, as the FAT guy right ahead of me on the list just hit 14 years since his orig AirTran hire date, and I'm barely just not able to hold Dallas CA (I can hold CA in any other base). That means that he could hold CA in any base he chooses, including Dallas. He will have even more seniority come his upgrade in early 2015. He won't be commuting anywhere; he wouldn't even have to sit CA reserve in Dallas, let alone anywhere else. He'll be a lineholding CA in any base he chooses. So spare us the "poor me, I have the worst position in life possible since SWA bought AirTran" crap, because we're not buying it. It's just more of the AirTran FI malcontent rhetoric, claiming the worst possible aspect of every situation, even when it's clearly not true.

Bubba

Just as we are not buying the RSW FO's were harmed BS. Not all of our guys are 15 year captains. We can all pick a specific example to make our case. Figures lie and liars figure.

Break time. My thoughts are with all those in OK. I prey for their safety. I hope those families can start the rebuilding process soon. I'm out. Peace guys. See ya in 2015.

Retiring #2 at Southwest without even an interview? Yeah, I'd say he made out.

You know, canyonblue, if you get something that you never wanted in the first place, it's not exactly something worth celebrating. I never applied to SWA. Never had any desire to work there. So even if I retired #1 (after many years of being at the bottom of the list, which you conveniently leave out), it wouldn't matter.

We'll see if he really is a "man of his word" and never sets foot in Dallas.

You definitely don't have to worry about that. My resignation will probably come by the end of the year. Early next year at the absolute latest. Just depends on when the schedules start to get bad.

Latest resources

Back