• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC CYA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't expect you to see it my way, but every time you trot out that hogwash about us "doubling our pay", I'm obligated to set you straight.

Ty

You need me to 'trot out' your pre-SW payscale? I wrote it down the day the announcement was made for future reference. Somehow I knew it would be an issue going forward.

I believe the top FO payscale was around 79/hour and the CA's topped out at 152.

Losing your base and seniority at the smaller carrier sucks and I completely get that part of it. There should have been fences.

Last edited:
For a flight attendant, maybe.

For a current AirTran Captain, it's basically a $10K/yr loss until re-upgrade, and then a $30K raise from where you would be at AAI in that same year (2019).

I am curious why the former AT Capts I've spoken to over here have all, to a man, said that they are making more money here, working fewer days, as an FO than they ever made as a Capt at AT?

I can't speak for TW. But I am sure some do. Anything is possible
Subject to the terms and conditions contained in the Seniority Integration Agreement between Southwest, AirTran, SWAPA and ALPA, the Dispute Resolution Committee was created to resolve certain disputes arising from the interpretation or application of the September 2011 Seniority Integration Agreement. The committee functions within the boundaries of the Dispute Resolution Agreement and provides claimants access to binding arbitration. Importantly, an arbitrator's scope is limited solely to interpreting the agreement. The arbitrator cannot add to, remove from or otherwise modify the agreement, and the accompanying seniority list cannot be altered.

No, an Arbitrator cannot change the list.

Regarding the pay, if you want to keep trotting out our 2001 contract, which became amendable in 2005, feel free, but don't expect anyone working on this side of the partition to agree that it is realistic to do so. That subject has already been been beat to death, and we'll just have to agree to disagree there.

As for what you have heard from former Captains that have transitioned, that's not what we are hearing, but if any 12th year pilots want to pm me with their w-2 info, I'd be happy to hear differently.

Regds,
Ty

Last edited:
More proof that the "golden rule" is nothing but a sham at SWA.

Do you love your friends?
(I guess I should ask IF you have friends, but I assume you do- people you really care about?)

Now you fall into business with them. Can they treat you any which way they want and have you stand idly by. Watch as they extort more and more- delaying the process, proceed neurotically w/o you acting and taking some control over the situation.

You want to shirk ATALPA's responsibility in how everything went down-
But you KNOW your role was significant.

For those of us who work in ALPA in the past- it was predictable. Lamely predictable. Except the neurosis - for that, I feel for every AT pilot.

Well, we've pretty much covered how pilots from each seniority list view it; eventually, we'll see how a neutral observer views it.

That's probably what should have been done from the start.

Well, AT wanted relative seniority. Your #1 next to ours.

And I want a billion trillion dollars-

You need to think about how many of us sacrificed years longer to start at the bottom for the company that BOUGHT you.

Sorry you got bought- but the tail doesn't wag the dog

"That $30K, btw, is basically in exchange for losing your base, trading commutable trips for non-commutable trips, and starting over as a junior captain, which most of us already did a decade ago."

UNBELIEVABLE!

Latest resources

Back