AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear,

With all due respect, you seem bent on waging a war of words on a largely anonymous forum. A venue which is full of people who misrepresent their backgrounds and motives.
Not necessarily "bent on waging a war", just trying to explain our actions for those who still don't seem to understand why we went the way we did, but excellent point on the backgrounds and motives of others.

I disagree with many of your assertions and characterizations but I see no benefit in arguing those points here.
Fair enough, going back into lurking mode myself.

Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss Side Letter 8, the Process Agreement, and the critical importance for a negotiator to understand his alternatives.
Thanks for the offer, but if I give you a call it'll be to get a beer and talk about the upcoming Cowboys season or the cooler things to do at our international overnights... sounds like a much more interesting conversation at this point. :beer:

Look, then at some point you'll have to acknowledge that a good 3000 + pilots on our end feel like they got screwed as well.

How is it we both got screwed?

Isn't that the definition of a "successful merger"? Both sides think they got screwed? ;)

OK, now I really am going back to lurking.

Way to lay low Lear70..... aka: everybody knows who you are. I suggest a new screen name.

Hey b*tches... make sure to speak your mind in Big D at the training center, I mean you will be there for 45 days so you will have plenty of time to share your feelings.

Then tell it to your check airman on IOE.

Welcome to SWA. Enjoy your extra 2-4 days off a month.

You guys sure seem to take the position that if you disagree with someone you really need to retaliate.
Is that some of that "Warrior Spirit" too? (for you Bubba!)

Let me sum up the whole SIA process simply once and for all. Our team brought a knife to a gunfight...

So did ours carl.

Bc we didn't fare much better. We didn't even bother with the knife bc we knew who had the cannon.
Bottom line, I can't wait until we're integrated so we can both get on with whatever we feel about the tough luv our mgmt showed us in this arranged marriage. Say what you will but mgmt strong armed both sides in the way THEY thought was fair to keep the SLI from going too deep into battle. Right, wrong, effective or not- I get them not wanting to leave it on us alone and drag out. Now it's on them to keep connecting this puzzle, and laying the foundation for a new future. Naive as it seems, I still see great things on the horizon, albeit requiring patience the next few years.

I got an idea.

How about the WN guys stop giving thier opinions on how lucky we are and we'll stop giving our opinions on how bad we got screwed, because that's all they are, just opinions based on each other's versions of the facts

But, if we do that, then we'll have nothing to read and we'll be trolling the Delta TA thread and adding to the "I told you so's" in the aftermath. I really don't know which is worse other than the fact that it's a pretty safe bet no FL or WN pilot will ever fly with a Delta pilot.

Good idea. Thirty-four pages (so far), rehashing the same crap, over and over. I suspect that QuietFlight (who threw the sh1t grenade and then left the room) really works for a drug company trying to raise his profit margins on blood pressure medicine.

All this bitching from both sides does is keep a scabbed-over wound from healing. Like it or not, neither side's pilots ended up with much of a say. Neither side's pilots really liked how this was done or the outcome. And most importantly, neither side's pilots are gonna' change anything about this. It's done. The marriage has been recorded, and we're all now step-siblings. We can bitch all we want, but we're not going to get our "dad" to divorce your "mom" because we don't like which kid got the best room or the best toys.*

Grow up, get over it, and learn to work together. Or you're going to have a really, really sucky life.

As far as what else to talk about, there's always the soap operas going on at the other airlines to administer our wisdom to. There's always the perennial pot-stirrers to bitch-slap (in fact, I kinda' miss Fubijaakr in this regard). Geez, isn't it time for another "Is General Lee really OYS" thread yet? I'm sure we can find something else to bitch about.

Bubba

* However, if any of you guys touches my stuff, I WILL put my nutsack on your drumset.

Latest resources

Back