• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran management pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess I had a different take on their SWA/737/FO bids. I thought that many of those guys wouldn't see the line until 2015,and therefore had the decency to NOT take a CA slot away from somebody else, only so that slot would go unused.

I agree with you. That was my thought on it as well.

Hey Carl,

I like your new avatar. I guess we now know your transistion bid..... :) Where did you find that, anyway?

Bubba

Bubba,

Thanks, I got the pic after the announcement was made last year. I was hoping to get the 737 and bid west coast but I missed it by about 90-100 numbers. Can't wait for 2015 so I can stop commuting LAX-ATL.

Our union officials have a duty to represent all of our pilots, check airman included. Not whom they like or dislike. Yeah I know that our management pilots are not part of alpa, but most of our check airman are. Even the tools. To suggest some sort of covert sit down with swapa and "talk badly" about one pilot or another whom they represent is not only morally wrong, it's against the law and a dfr waiting to happen. If this is really a sticking point, then I would suggest to ask the opinion of any airtran line pilot.
In my view however if that person does provide any information about another fellow pilot, then they need to look at themselves really really hard. YMMV.

I don't think anyone was talking about the checkairmen. They are part of the bargaining unit, and almost all of them are members in good standing. Everyone here was talking about management pilots, and their management jobs aren't in our craft or class.

Bubba,

Thanks, I got the pic after the announcement was made last year. I was hoping to get the 737 and bid west coast but I missed it by about 90-100 numbers. Can't wait for 2015 so I can stop commuting LAX-ATL.

Well, you shouldn't have any problem in 2015. OAK is traditionally the most junior base for everyone: F/As, CAs, and FOs. I was flew there for a few months a few years ago, and flew with a guy who lived in ORF, and commuted to OAK. I think it took him a minimum of two legs, and sometimes three, to get to and from work. Basically, all friggin day in each direction. He said he could hold BWI, but only on reserve, and that he could get a line in OAK. That was his rationale, anyway. Well, then he forgot to bid, and got weekend reserve in OAK anyway. I'm sure there's a lesson there somewhere.

Merry Christmas,
Bubba

Well, you shouldn't have any problem in 2015. OAK is traditionally the most junior base for everyone: F/As, CAs, and FOs. I was flew there for a few months a few years ago, and flew with a guy who lived in ORF, and commuted to OAK. I think it took him a minimum of two legs, and sometimes three, to get to and from work. Basically, all friggin day in each direction. He said he could hold BWI, but only on reserve, and that he could get a line in OAK. That was his rationale, anyway. Well, then he forgot to bid, and got weekend reserve in OAK anyway. I'm sure there's a lesson there somewhere.

Merry Christmas,
Bubba

Lol, yep that would suck. Eventually I'll get back out west, and all will be good!

Merry Christmas & Happy Festivus!
Carl

Still hearing DEN then LAX on internal forums. Didn't SWAPA discuss "what if's" at the Dec BOD meeting wrt representing all AT pilots before 2015? Something like a side SWAPA? Have a close bud on the BOD who mentioned this and but haven't heard anything since. May be too complicated or something tabled until after SOC.

The ATN NC and MC and MEC officers are headed to DAL to discuss representation issues in late January.

That said, you're likely correct, as I'm sure nothing will be done regarding representation issues until after SOC.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back