• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran management pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There were 200 and some odd pilots at that meeting. With only 1,700 total pilots, and only about 700 off on any given day, that's an incredible sample size. There can't be any real doubt that at that time, the overall pilot group was opposed to AIP1. Their minds only changed after the letter from GK the following week.

200! Wow that is over ten percent. So if there is no doubt that the pilot group would kill it... Why not send it out?

Do you even know when you are full of poop anymore? Or do you really believe the poop you say?

Actually No its not clear. First off you have not answered if you would have voted yes on the first senority list. Im sure you know what the list was and if you don't it was worse than what was voted in. Now your saying it was voted down by people with personal agendas? That is a bold statement. Since you know so much please share with the rest of us what was their personal agenda? All 7 had an agenda? Or is it possible that they thought it was a bad senority list ?

It was the same list as the one we got. Sorry we moved up a hundred numbers on an 8000 pilot list. So yes 86 percent of us liked the list, Atlanta base, sixty percent pay raise, and captain seats... Because we took a lot less.

Actually No its not clear. First off you have not answered if you would have voted yes on the first senority list.

I did answer that question, look again.

Im sure you know what the list was and if you don't it was worse than what was voted in.

Marginal gain in seniority on list # 2. Loss of pay, loss of all 737 Captain seats. Yeah, great deal.

Now your saying it was voted down by people with personal agendas? That is a bold statement. Since you know so much please share with the rest of us what was their personal agenda? All 7 had an agenda?

Ask around, ask why there were re-calls. If you work here then I find it hard to believe you don't know the answer to this.

Last edited:
We are one team now.

No, we're the 'B' team.

Like I said before, I have no hard feelings towards my SWAPA brothers, all that I know and have met have been great. However, I fly with a lot of senior FO's and they are absolutely livid at the outcome. Can't say I blame them.

The threat, the seniority loss, and the B scale. All while having expectations of leaving a openly hostile labor/management relationship.

Big disappointment.

So yes 86 percent of us liked the list, Atlanta base, sixty percent pay raise, and captain seats... Because we took a lot less.

No, 86 percent didn't "like" it. They simply preferred it to unemployment, which was the implied threat. One of our Merger Committee members famously said "vote yes if you want a job at Southwest, vote no if you don't." Not exactly a real choice, if you believe his premise.

Ask around, ask why there were re-calls. If you work here then I find it hard to believe you don't know the answer to this.[/QUOTE]

I really don't know so would you please share what their motives were and what they hoped to accomplish by voting no other than it was a bad senority list.

We are one team now.

In 2015 we are a team. Right now I'm just furlough bait on a B-scale.

Iran gets fired up and I'm out of a job same as you... Oh wait except for the second part.

In three years I'll buy ya a beer. The only good news is that if you take a pay cut in the next round... We will never know what it was like to make good money. Way less of a blow.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back