• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran management pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, 86 percent didn't "like" it. They simply preferred it to unemployment, which was the implied threat. One of our Merger Committee members famously said "vote yes if you want a job at Southwest, vote no if you don't." Not exactly a real choice, if you believe his premise.

When this thing started I never worried about SWAPA. SWAPA has never screwed me... I was terrified of ALPA. They never fail to screw up a pay raise. To this day SWAPA or SWA offered:
Pay raise
Base
Capt. Seats

ALPA turned that down because they wanted more. Bravo.

ALPA turned that down because they wanted more. Bravo.

The MEC turned it down because it wasn't a fair integration. Plain and simple.

Seriously?
How long are you going to beat that drum PCL?

As long as people continue to beat the "they did it because they had ulterior motives" drum. I don't like it when people are wrongly accused of corruption. It ain't right.

Yeah, your motives were pure as the driven snow PCL-
I'm sure your dreams of an alpa career going away made you a completely objective officer
You and The rest of the alpa were as transparent as my living room window

This isn't about me, wave. I didn't have a vote. This is about the Status Reps who these guys continue to attack by claiming that they had ulterior motives and weren't basing their decisions on the fairness of the list. That's just BS.

As long as people continue to beat the "they did it because they had ulterior motives" drum. I don't like it when people are wrongly accused of corruption. It ain't right.

Well PCL and I went around on another thread but I have to defend him here. Clearly, all the AT guys did was simply try and do the best they could for their pilots based on the info they had at the time. 20/20 hindsight is fine, but keep it in perspective. If it isn't a "merger to be proud of" it's not the fault of the AT pilot's that simply tried to see that they were treated fairly.

Let's not rehash it- but please Dan -
Every move they made was predicted by me when the purchase was announced. Look it up. Transparent poisoning the well and dragging out the process to keep dues $coin flowing in as long as possible.
It wasn't remotely surprising that SWA reacted to their behavior as they did. Research that as well. Every SWA pilot told them not to go that fearful, untrusting, selfish route, don't fight for every last inch- they dismissed it as threats.
What AT and their alpa defenders and fighters call unfair, we call the natural result of acting really dumb-
Really stupid to think you'd get relative seniority when you got bought by a company more than 20 years older than yours. Really dumb. No other word. And then to get on here months later, rehash anything, and then call it unfair and throw out 32% seniority losses as if that number is not complete BS considering the age of the carriers....? it just lacks perspective of what the SWA career is and how good we have it.
Btw- it's been said, but the vast majority of junior SWA pilots think the SLI was very unfair- we got nothing out of the deal, but had a vast majority of AT pilots placed above us. We aren't bit<hing about though for two reasons---1) it over and a new year and this is really dumb- and 2) we trust mgmt when they say it'll work out.
We're working on hope though.

Last edited:
If you think it was was about draggin out dues for ALPA you are truely misguided.
All Airtran pilots want the transition to go as quickly as possible, before and after SLI.
The timeline for transition is controlled by Dallas, not the ALPA MEC
What part of this do you not understand?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back