• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran jumpseating!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta unlimited... AirTran should reciprocate... American, SWA, Jet Blue, Frontier... to name a few others.. management makes this a stupid sore spot. Childish crap... (we usually take everyone...as the agent said.....shhhhhh....)

No Logo Lights in ATLANTA men.... till the contract is TA'd.... Oh yeah.. where is CASS any way? Isnt it November already ?

Delta unlimited... AirTran should reciprocate... American, SWA, Jet Blue, Frontier... to name a few others.. management makes this a stupid sore spot. Childish crap... (we usually take everyone...as the agent said.....shhhhhh....)

No Logo Lights in ATLANTA men.... till the contract is TA'd.... Oh yeah.. where is CASS any way? Isnt it November already ?

No Logo Lights....You guys are really sticking it to management.

No Logo Lights....You guys are really sticking it to management.

What would you expect from that group. When the airline was formed with EAL scab labor you can not expect them to stand up to mgmnt. They just don't know how or want to.

Yeah!!! Screw what little bit of advertising we get from the logo lights. We don't need anymore customers we have enough. Now lets see, where's my gun so I can shoot my own foot!

RV

What would you expect from that group. When the airline was formed with EAL scab labor you can not expect them to stand up to mgmnt. They just don't know how or want to.

I wonder which airline has more scabs working for it currently, ual or AAI?
Perhaps mr. 32lt10 is one of them!

Maybe it's you who needs to take a little bitty chill pill . . . .

I commute, as do most AirTran pilots. AirTran already offers the same as most airlines- an OAL jumpseater carried free for every installed jumpseat.

Am I willing to give up anything in our next contract to get unlimited jumpseats? Well, I was, until I saw all the whining and crying on this board from ungrateful schmucks who got to the gate too late to get the jumpseat, were offered a walk-up pass for $25. and then said they "had to pay for the jumpseat".

I am no longer willing to give up anything for unlimited jumpseats. Sorry.

Management claims they made $2 or $3 million last year on the walk-up pass. Divide that $3 million by 1500 pilots, and you come up with $2,000. per year per pilot. Well, that $2,000. would buy a lot of $25. walk-up passes- 80 of them, to be exact, so why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and start buying all those OAL guys their walk-up passes?

Makes about as much sense as the rest of your post. :laugh:

Wow 2 or 3 million? Before year it was only a million? And when I personally talked to Klaus last November it was " a neglibable amount". So I don't know who or where you get your info from, but I think this fish gets bigger everytime a "company sponsor" pulpits it.

AND why does anyone think we have to GIVE up anything to get rid of the $25 JUMPSEAT fee. We don't need to give anything, you Traners need to start believing that.

I think we've retired most of those guys by now.

Would you care to make another usless observation?

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

I couldn't get on an offline carriers jumpseat because we don't have a recip., I could get sick pay for a whole 4 day instead of just losing pay for a round trip I missed. Let MGMT take it in the shorts (it's their policy). Simple pleasures are all we have left in this industry and screwing scheduling is one of them.

Ding! Ding! Ding! . . . . We have a winner . . . .

I wonder which airline has more scabs working for it currently, ual or AAI?
Perhaps mr. 32lt10 is one of them!

Well we won our strike and the scabs are the outsiders. The guys at AAI were the senior guys that taught the new hires how to act. They were the genesis group and their seed is spread amongst all they came in contact with.

I guess it is how they are treated. We clicked ours, and they embraced theirs.

I do agree that we should have unlimited jumpseats at AAI and recip. agreements of the like with all other carriers. The amount the company will save in sick pay will more than pay for the $2-3 million in walk-up passes.

I do not think we need any type of commuter policy (ie- only miss one turn so that one doesn't use 4 days of sick pay). If you can't make it to work on time you need to leave sooner (day before if necessary), use up all your sick pay in 2 months or move your A -- to ATL. Is it inconvenient to waste a day commuting? yes. But it is the price you pay to live in your "paradise". As far as being outvoted 65% to 35%, that's why we vote on a TA. Follow the appropriate process, get your new policy added to the TA and hope for the best.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back