• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran jumpseating!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You try living in the worlds largest ghetto.

Uh, you are right there. What can you get, living wise, an hour from the airport? Serioulsly, I'd like the good, bad and the ugly. Say someone is 23-30 makes 45-60K. Good living or hell? What about married? I'm not going to Atlanta but just curious.

Last edited:
You try living in the worlds largest ghetto.

Yea, life is tough in the ghettos of Peachtree City, Alpharetta, and the infamous Virginia Highlands/Druid Hills areas. Cue music..."It's a hard knock life"...

Ty Webb said:
Hey, Russian-

When I want any crap outta you, I'll squeeze your neck.

A guy who works at a place where every FO pays $19,000. for the "privilege" of playing airline pilot needs to clean up his own stable before talking about someone else's.

WTFO? I was just sayin' hey. I wasn't trying to offend you. We work very closely with AirTran and we have a good relationship.

Please, don't lecture me on what you think PFT is. I know my place and business. I will never be the first to point finger purely out of respect for others. Not for someone's path through the industry.

If I came to ATL and all I saw was College Park, East Point, or Riverdale then I would assume Atlanta was a sh*t city. You guys who have the crash pads on Virginia Ave. need to get out more. Atlanta is like any other large city, it has the good areas and the bad areas. There are some nice areas close to the city and some nice areas a short drive into the suburbs. Every city has its bad areas, even small towns, so to judge a city based on that narrow minded observation is stupid.

My crashpad is in Marietta. It's an "OK" area, but I certainly wouldn't live here.

I lived for a short time in Athens, that's about as close to Atlanta as I would care to live, maybe up north by the lake, or way out west, but all those areas are right AT an hour outside of the city. Newnan is 1/2 an hour from the airport, but still 45+ from downtown and an hour from Buckhead (one of the few desirable areas to want to get to for night life).

ATL and MEM (and to some extent L.A.) are the only 2 cities I've ever seen where you have to get AT LEAST 45 minutes to an HOUR outside of to really *want* to live there.

I'll take Nashville every day of the week. 15 minutes from downtown in a nice, safe, suburban area on the lake at about 2/3 the price of comparable ATL property. Recently voted #4 party city in the U.S. (according to Maxim, anyway). ;) The 4 hour drive is worth it...

Yea, life is tough in the ghettos of Peachtree City,

Funny you mention PTC, I lived there for 4 years before moving out of state. Nice town, I had a golf cart and everything.

Eventually you'll want to go downtown to the Fox theater or to Philips to a concert.

The politicians in ATL certainly look out for their own

If I came to ATL and all I saw was College Park, East Point, or Riverdale then I would assume Atlanta was a sh*t city. You guys who have the crash pads on Virginia Ave. need to get out more. Atlanta is like any other large city, it has the good areas and the bad areas. There are some nice areas close to the city and some nice areas a short drive into the suburbs. Every city has its bad areas, even small towns, so to judge a city based on that narrow minded observation is stupid.

I agree 100%. I've grown up here and there are a lot of nice areas around ATL...I'm in the Vinings area which is 20 min north of the airport and it's great...safe, clean, somewhat expensive, etc...Anything within a couple miles of the airport is ghetto indeed.

And with the title of this being AirTran jumpseat, I can say as a former AirTran gate agent I maybe had 6 or 7 times in which I had 2 other airline jumpseaters on my flight in 15 months.....the few that paid the 25 bucks didn't give a crap and the others I just put on board....with quicks turns I didn't have time to run the card, list them, etc...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back