Airtran jumpseating!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jc3

I will be commuting out of ATL and have jumpseated on DLT and NW since they are CASS. Just wondering if anyone could help me in the right direction as far as sigining up to jumpseat on Airtran. One of the gate agents gave me a number to call, but it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

You just walk up to the gate, and ask. How hard is that? We don't have CASS yet. But supposedly it's coming soon. (not holding my breath anymore).
If you are the second -116th jumpseater then you may have to pay an additional fee to access the privledge of being one of additional jumpseaters. I like to call that the jumpseat fee, but that really upsets some people, that prefer to call it a "walk up pass". (Sorry about that fee, it sucks and were trying to get the company to get rid of it.)

If you do get on, and even if you were issued a seat at no charge, always stop by the cockpit to introduce yourself.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you, unless of course you happen to be an AA imposter bent on death and destruction of innocent life. ;)

Thanks, Yeah I always introduce myself and ask for a ride instead of expecting one. The other day I went up to the gate and asked the gate agent if I could jumpseat and she said I had to be listed. I've emailed my jumpseat cord. for more info. She said that there was a number I had to call to get in the system, It might of just been her, thanks for the response though!

word of warning, every time I've listed over the phone I've been charged the bullsh*t $25 plus tax fee that no Airtran pilot pays anywhere else when they jumpseat. If you list at the gate, better chance of not being charged or running into the captain that may call bs for you. I've also listed at the ticket counter, and I've never been charged there either. Just my experience...

List at the gate. There is no requirement for you to list anywhere else. Shakeema must have just put down her crack pipe just before you walked up! I'll send an email to our jumseat coordinator and let him know what happend.

The pass charge occurs when you call 1800 AirTran and 'list'. Skystud is spot on. If you find a 'not too busy' agent.. and you are at the gate at a fair time, you most likely will not get wacked.. If you see the Captain.. check in and most likely the fee will be foregone...

I had a SWA Capt that listed.. and got hit with the 30 something dollars.. We offered to return his dough, but wouldnt take it. He indicated that he would pass it on amongst his brothers and sisters over at Blue Top.

Cass is coming someday.. Maybe for Xmas ...

Duuudes!
mErrryy freeaaking Cristymiss to all da Trannies and all da ships at see and stuff!

Happ y Freaaking Novemebr!!!!!!!!!! Gosts suds in one hand and ole Fligtinfo in da Frealking udder. whta cooood poosssiblbelee be mo better. Goots ta take a a trip to leave a terd. Wat can brown like do fer you ??????

Ha ha frreaaking AWWWWW YEAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

if you are in atlanta and they wont list you at the gate, go try another gate. They can do it from any gate. I avoided the fee once that way :) The original gate agent just thought I had paid at the other gate.

Once again.. talk to the crew.. they will, almost always get it waived if the jumpseat is open. The pilots dont want anyone getting wacked if it is not necessary.

Once again.. talk to the crew.. they will, almost always get it waived if the jumpseat is open. The pilots dont want anyone getting wacked if it is not necessary.

Good advice. Talk to the crew whenever possible, fees tend to go away.

Latest resources

Back