• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran jumpseating!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
word of warning, every time I've listed over the phone I've been charged the bullsh*t $25 plus tax fee that no Airtran pilot pays anywhere else when they jumpseat. ...

If someone charged you for a pass, and you are the only off-line jumpseater, that was wrong. You are entitled to a jumpseat ride, which we do not charge for, and I have taken a delay before to get that straightened out. If that happens, let us know.

Either you are jumpseating, or, if the jumpseat(s) have already been given out, you were allowed to buy a walk-up pass to get yourself home.

Having said that, if the jumpseat has been given out, and you bought a pass, don't get on my plane stating that you "paid to jumpseat", or I will return you whence you came from, allow you to collect your $25 back and you can wait for the next flight, or go try your luck over at Big D.

Last edited:
Ty Guy big an scary..........big an scarry..........but like DUUUUUDDDESS, he be jus gittin a widdle bit like maad and stuff, cause l,ike all da peeps be complainin bouts dat ole $25 johnnnny on da spot ID-90 and stuff.

Duudues, back in da day, when I wuz flyin Connies and stuff and like I needed to be like usin dat ID-90 cause like Fed-boy like showed up like sinco minutos prior to clo-de-do time, dats when I used dat ID-90. Y'know likes I had to go to my own peeps ticket counter and stuff to buy iy, and like it waz wayyyy more dan like $25. Yeaah, bro, even wehn I like done used dat ole used ID-freeking 90, I still like wents to Capn and like says hi andn stuff.

"Yo, Capn, hey bro, I'm like here and stuff and like wants to say like hi and stuff, dude, agent lady done told me yooos like gots a jumper cat already and stuff, but I juts lettin you know I'm here, andlikes I pprecyaten da ride home".

Some a dem times, ole Capn done hooked a brother up with a fattie seat in first.

Ynknow, my peeps from udder dan da Tranny, sometimes dude in the jumpseat be like one a dem newhire cats, so if you jus be nice, and like hook up da Capn wit some manners and stuff and like a intro, maybe dude can be like hookin you up by like takin care uf da fee. But until dat fee goes away, and like dat day may never come, jus don't be hatin, cause gittin a ride sho beats gittin left in the A-Teee-L!

I hates da crashpads cause somma dem dudes smell wors dan ole Ty Guy!

Daaaang! Until we gits CASSSSSSS, why you gots to be hatin. Wear da luv? Peace on freaking eard and Goodwill to men! Yeah bro, me an ole Ty Guy shop at da Goodwill. We calls it Goodwill Hunting............you got a problem wit dat?

AWWWWWW YEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

If someone charged you for a pass, and you are the only off-line jumpseater, that was wrong. You are entitled to a jumpseat ride, which we do not charge for, and I have taken a delay before to get that straightened out. If that happens, let us know.

Either you are jumpseating, or, if the jumpseat(s) have already been given out, you were allowed to buy a walk-up pass to get yourself home.

Having said that, if the jumpseat has been given out, and you bought a pass, don't get on my plane stating that you "paid to jumpseat", or I will return you whence you came from, allow you to collect your $25 back and you can wait for the next flight, or go try your luck over at Big D.

Ty,

Do you take Discover? How 'bout a third party out of state check?

For what it's worth - I have seen multiple jumpseaters many times and not one of them mentioned anything about having to pay the walk-up fee.
If you do get asked to pay - talk to the crew. I would venture to say the vast majority here would drop what they were doing and go have a discussion with the gate agent in order to get a jumpseater a refund. There are so many commuters here that we want to see unlimited and hopefully will in the near future.

I used to call ahead to list as that was the procedure when I was at ASA commuting to DFW. Now when I call I sit on hold for 20 minutes only to be told that I can't list over the phone. Then when I go to the gate I get "did you list?" I always explain what happened and they say the agent on the phone is wrong. Just show up play stupid and talk to the crew. ;-)

Being the first jumpseater and having to pay a fee is wrong, true. Being the second-116th and having to pay is WRONG too!

Being a prick and denying ("return you whence you came from") someone the jumpseat because they state a fact and use the term "jumpseat" instead of "walk up pass" is Wrong and stupid. Help spread the love Ty, especially now. We don't have a leg to stand on with this $25 charge. If we don't get rid of it, were going to see some recips goin away!

Lowrider, exactly how much are we going to be willing to give up in contract negotiations to get rid of the $25 rule? I think anyone that commutes for a living (or ever has) completely detests the $25 charge. But, it still gives Jumpseaters 2-116 the opportunity to get home. I personally don't get wrapped around the axle about terminology, but the reality is that AirTran policy on this is still better than what we presently have with Delta. I agree completely with you that it negatively impacts recip agreements, as I heard we would have had unlimited with Southwest by now if we didn't have the $25 charge policy in effect.

I'm not aware of any Airtran pilot that is in favor of the policy. It sucks! However, it is not the pilots policy. The greedy executives running our company are the one's that implemented it. Hopefully it will change. For now if you don't like it, and all you want to do is complain about it, just don't use it. It's that simple.

No passes . . . no issue.

We don't have a leg to stand on with this $25 charge. If we don't get rid of it, were going to see some recips goin away!

The only way we will lose reciprocal jumpseat rights is if people keep confusing the jumpseat with a walk-up pass. I'm just doing my part- and by not carrying anyone on board who claims he "bought the jumpseat", I'm sure word will get around really quickly that this is a pass, and we don't charge for the jumpseat.

I used to be in favor of bargaining for the return of unlimited jumpseats, but after all the whining and crying about it on this board, I am no longer willing to give up ANYTHING in negotiations for it.

First one rides for free, after that, it's between you and the agent . . . . and if you get on my plane and say you "bought the jumpseat" you will be returned to the agent for a refund . . . . and a seat on another flight.

Latest resources

Back