• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran jumpseating!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I tried to jumpseat to work today on Airtran but didnt get on because there is no CASS. The pilots apologized for leaving me behind but said that no CASS causes some no-shows for Air Tran too. It sounds like a win-win for Air Tran to implement CASS for all concerned....old scool

I'm in the Vinings area which is 20 min north of the airport and it's great...safe, clean, somewhat expensive, etc

I lived there for about a year and am looking to return after two years out of state. It's nice to know that if the connector is jammed you have the option to take the West loop to the parking lot.

The politicians in ATL certainly look out for their own

Agreed.

Everyone take a breather for a moment.

A few points need to be made.

1. The AirTran pilot group is painfully aware of the black cloud that hangs over our heads everyday due to the b.s. $25 charge. It WILL GET HANDLED. We all want this to go away tomarrow as it is 100% despicable and embarrassing. Who is to blame? Greedy bonus-grubbing management!

2. To any AirTran pilots who say they're not "willing to give anything up for getting rid of this charge", I say...GROW THE F*** UP! You may not have need of the J/S while living in your 4000 sq. ft. house in Newnan, but the 65% of us who commute absolutely are willing to fight for this. So since you are outnumbered, you are outvoted.

3. Unlimited reciprocal jumpseats are the moral and ethical thing to do given the post 9/11 upheavel of base closures, downgrades, and general chaos/realignment in the industry. The least management could do is make somebody's life a bit less stressful by offering a way to get to/from work easier. Thank you Delta for stepping up. You have our gratitude. You have my promise to get unlimited J/S for the Delta pilots and every other pilot group that has made this a front-burner issue.

3. Unlimited reciprocal jumpseats are the moral and ethical thing to do given the post 9/11 upheavel of base closures, downgrades, and general chaos/realignment in the industry. .

Our management has proven time and again that they are neither moral nor ethical. Most of you guys weren't around for the post 9/11 concessions we agreed to under the threat of bogus furloughs. We gave concessions, they got bonuses, that still pisses me off.

Want unlimited jumpseats? Try calling out when you can't get to work. You'll see managements mentality change pretty f'in quick when it effects the bottom line. But that would take unity and solidarity, something we sorely lack...

Our management has proven time and again that they are neither moral nor ethical. Most of you guys weren't around for the post 9/11 concessions we agreed to under the threat of bogus furloughs. We gave concessions, they got bonuses, that still pisses me off.

Want unlimited jumpseats? Try calling out when you can't get to work. You'll see managements mentality change pretty f'in quick when it effects the bottom line. But that would take unity and solidarity, something we sorely lack...

Damn, I can't disagree with anything in Donny's post. I guess theres always a first time. Right on there KITTYCat!

GET RID OF THE $25 JUMPSEAT FEE! (sorry, couldn't resist)

If you were runnin for something tomorrow, I'd be punchin the paper next to your name.

Me and a fellow B6 pilot jumpseated out of MCO on AirTran a few months back. We both were given 1st class seats, weren't charged a dime and the crew treated us extremely well. Thanks very much guys/gals, we really appreciated the ride home.

Everyone take a breather for a moment.

To any AirTran pilots who say they're not "willing to give anything up for getting rid of this charge", I say...GROW THE F*** UP! You may not have need of the J/S while living in your 4000 sq. ft. house in Newnan, but the 65% of us who commute absolutely are willing to fight for this. So since you are outnumbered, you are outvoted.

Maybe it's you who needs to take a little bitty chill pill . . . .

I commute, as do most AirTran pilots. AirTran already offers the same as most airlines- an OAL jumpseater carried free for every installed jumpseat.

Am I willing to give up anything in our next contract to get unlimited jumpseats? Well, I was, until I saw all the whining and crying on this board from ungrateful schmucks who got to the gate too late to get the jumpseat, were offered a walk-up pass for $25. and then said they "had to pay for the jumpseat".

I am no longer willing to give up anything for unlimited jumpseats. Sorry.

Management claims they made $2 or $3 million last year on the walk-up pass. Divide that $3 million by 1500 pilots, and you come up with $2,000. per year per pilot. Well, that $2,000. would buy a lot of $25. walk-up passes- 80 of them, to be exact, so why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and start buying all those OAL guys their walk-up passes?

Makes about as much sense as the rest of your post. :laugh:

I stil don't understand why it's a bargaining chip at all?

With the numbers of commuters here, it SHOULD be seen (both by management as well as pilots) as an affective tool to properly staff the airline on any given day.

Am I missing something? This isn't my first rodeo, and I've seen some stupid jumpseat crap over at big red, but this was never a big negotiating point. It works in management's favor either way, so why are WE making it so important?

Edit: PS Caveman, come on down anytime! Get you a bidness class seat, stash the uniform bling, and get your drink on and your snack on. We 'bout to be up and about this biatch. :)

Last edited:
I agree with Ty, I don't know why I'd want to give anything up personally for the unlimited JS issue. I plan on commuting in the future and can't figure out why if I couldn't get on an offline carriers jumpseat because we don't have a recip., I could get sick pay for a whole 4 day instead of just losing pay for a round trip I missed. Let MGMT take it in the shorts (it's their policy). Simple pleasures are all we have left in this industry and screwing scheduling is one of them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back