• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran is looking again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hurricanes, humidity, hillbillies, hicks, and hobos. And that's just the H's. I have 25 more letters to go.

Over-priced everything due to no state income tax, tourists and being landlocked. Hot, humid and miserable 8 months out of the year. Blind and deaf retirees driving up on the sidewalks aiming for your kids when they aren't doing 10 under in the hammer lane on I-95, I-75 or the Turnpike. Major problems with illegal Cubans and Haitians in the southern half of the state.

If you aren't into trafficing drugs, trafficing humans or money laundering, I fail to see the attraction.

I'm down here right now, and over on the Gulf Coast I couldnt swing a dead cat without hitting hundreds of the damned love bugs...

But its better than an ice storm in Indiana...

Typical.. only speaking of the bad stuff located in high density cities that no real Floridian lives.. There are many smaller cites that are wonderful.. like all tourist areas, taxes and prices reflect those areas..

Love bugs are a pain, they happen for 10 days 2 times a year here.. the car wash business is booming then..

I can't fault the weather, is is humid, it can get real hot in the central areas, but along the coasts we get nice winds everyday.. A/C is a must here, but if you live on the east coast as i do, we have Florda Power and light that boasts some of the lowest energy cost in the US..

I just think the employee and employer gets much more bang for the buck here in General.. as compared to the Northern cites.. the COL difference is not even close.. JMHO..

Latest resources

Back