• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran is looking again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Integration will occur sometime in the next 12-18 months, most likely, so anyone going for this job would have to relocate twice. So, don't go buy a house in MCO. :)

Integration will occur sometime in the next 12-18 months, most likely, so anyone going for this job would have to relocate twice. So, don't go buy a house in MCO. :)
SKC,

How is WN going to address issues such as expanded dx facilities and parking at WN HQ?

Facilities are supposed to be meeting with executive leadership this week about their recommendations for our long term set-up. They have been told to insure there is enough room for an OCC that could handle a much larger fleet.

The options are to whack some walls in our current location at HDQ, move to an offsite location (several to choose from near HDQ), or build new. My guess is that we'll move to an existing SWA-owned building near HDQ which would solve the parking issues we currently deal with. If we don't move, I hope a rumored parking garage will come to fruition.

I don't think the FL guys will start showing up in DAL for awhile. Until they get the building issue figured out, there's not much room for them even if they wanted to. When the FL aircraft start going into paint and onto the SWA certificate, then you'll probably start seeing FL dispatchers moving this direction. This is just all speculation on my part as I don't have any inside info.

I thought it was the state of Florida that also had a financial hand in cunstructing the current FL SOC.

Jetblue told them no, which wasn't smart in IMHOP. I wonder who will move in in time. MCO has a lot of benefits to offer someone needing an operations facility.

The story goes, that NYC offered more tax incentives for Jet Blue to Stay in NYC.. All of around MCO thought it was stupid fof the employees, wth no income taxes etc.. but I believe is was the employees that made the final push to stay where they were..

With all the training by JB at MCO, it would not surprise me if they endded up taking that building for something..

I really don't understand from a business standpoint why more companies are not moving to FL. we have so much to offer besides old people..

Word on FL companies having great fringe bennies for employees.

Regardless of who decided what for JB, I still think its crazy that ultra expensive, ultra hight taxing NYC would manage to offer JB a better deal. They certianly can't wx wise:)

I really don't understand from a business standpoint why more companies are not moving to FL. we have so much to offer besides old people..

Hurricanes, humidity, hillbillies, hicks, and hobos. And that's just the H's. I have 25 more letters to go.

Hurricanes, humidity, hillbillies, hicks, and hobos. And that's just the H's. I have 25 more letters to go.

Ohh fun game.. lets start this at the "A"'s..

A**holes, Arrogants, Alligators...

Latest resources

Back