Airtran hiring updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Limeyflyer

Are there new hire classes going on at this time is Airtran just filling a pool with apps still?

Are there new hire classes going on at this time is Airtran just filling a pool with apps still?
Just got a company forecast for 160 new hires over the next 12 months. 2 717's and 4 737's coming next year.

I have heard rumors of classes starting up again in August and running monthly through the end of the year. (speculation)

Just curious - are you hiring any former Midex 717 pilots? What % of newhires are from Midex? Is MKE a junior or senior base?

Actually, I believe the forecast through the rest of 2010 is for 90 newhires, starting in September. . . . .

Just curious - are you hiring any former Midex 717 pilots? What % of newhires are from Midex? Is MKE a junior or senior base?

Yes we are. Out of the 20 in my new hire class, 6 were former Midwest guys. I know that the class after ours had a few as well but I don't know exactly how many. From a newhire standpoint MKE is going relatively senior as none of the former Midwest guys have been awarded it yet.

Last edited:
Yes we are. Out of the 20 in my new hire class, 6 were former Midwest guys. I know that the class after ours had a few as well but I don't know exactly how many. From a newhire standpoint MKE is going relatively senior as none of the former Midwest guys have been awarded it yet.

That's good news. Another question: are newhires getting one fleet more than the other? What's the mix of 737 to 717 slots for newhires nowadays?

the 717 and 737 pay the same rate. 737 bases are mke, atl, and mco. 717 bases are atl and mco. So, unless you are trying to get based in mke, then i wouldn't worry about the airplane. the 717 is more advanced (read easier) than the 737, but the 737 goes to the international destinations. the lines on the 717 are alot better and pay more than the lines on the 737 and the 717 doesn't do any red eyes.....

Latest resources

Back