• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran hiring updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I agree with some of the posters who alluted to AAI's CASM being very low, thus, not really making these 86 seat RJs too dangerous. That being said, the pilot group has to assume the very worst.

The First Officer payscale needs to be up there with the likes of LUV. Somewhere in between DAL, ALK, and LUV at the very least. It may just be that FOs will stay FOs for a very long time. Something the MEC needs to seriously consider.

I believe that the junior guys control the vote. Thus, the MEC needs to pay particular attention to FO compensation. Otherwise ALPA may find itself in a procarious position. If that happens, good luck recruiting the likes of Jetblue. Food for thought...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't highly concerned as well, and more concerned as I read more and learn more about it. I haven't had time to really tear the section apart and make "best case / worst case" scenarios based on current and projected ASM's, but it needs to be done.

I'm going to be in class starting next week and, more than likely, will be COMPLETELY unable to do more than surface understand all of this in between studying. Keeping me busy and happy in the sims is going to have one unexpected bonus for management - no WAY I'll have the time to fully analyze a T.A. with my schedule I just found in CrewPlace if a T.A. comes about in mid-September...

:(

I think you are crazy to think SKYW or Repub. hasn't already worked out how many 70s/86s in MKE it will take for them to do the contract. Watch the sudden delay in deliveries when this section gets signed.

So let me understand everyones logic. SKYW made a 50 seater make sense but you all think they can't find a way to make an 86 or 70 work. Did anyone else notice how the pace of negotiations has picked up.... wonder why that is... what does the company have to gain by moving things faster? Good will?

Finally let me clear up my stance. We fly the RJ's. Not SKYW, Mesa, etc. I will go be a Captain on a 50 seater... at SKYW rates. Get the jets... negotiate the pay later.

Latest resources

Back