• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Hiring F.O's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2 things: 1) I got told to continue without the type. They give you 6 six months to complete the training. 2) I fly with many captains that are much younger than me. It is never awkward, they are the captain, I'm not! My job is to support him/her regardless of age or previous aircraft flown. Besides I luv jerking the gear and flaps and not having any responsibility after being a captain for over 27 yrs.

My class last Sept. was half civilians, half military. So yes Airtran does hire military, who knows why though, theyre only good for standups.

Military guys/gals are great at marching so you will appreciate them more if you ever need to form a picket line.

tubelcane said:
My class last Sept. was half civilians, half military. So yes Airtran does hire military, who knows why though, theyre only good for standups.

I thought you liked stand-ups?

Which aircraft type are newhires getting into most often nowadays - 717 or 73G? What percentage of each class would get each type? I know that AirTran will be getting more 73Gs in the future - so, could you bet that a right seat on the 73G will be most likely?

Personally, if I went that route from my regional gig, I would likely prefer the shorter trips in the 717 but that is just my preference...

B-J-J Fighter said:
Does Da' Tranny have any day trips out of ATL?

AWWW YEAAAHHH!!! But Dude, some of da Peeps in the ATL likes doing uther trips cause like it all depends on how much you like driving in dat traffic. Lots of da Peeps from North of the Aeropeurto say dat commin in everyday is like a pain.

Trips be like all over the place....1-2-3-4 and Stand-Uppers, so there be somethin fer everyone.

Naw, bro, you can't buddy bid wit Ty Guy (unless you gets him to send you his bid prefs or somethin). I know it be everyones dream, but don't worry, you'll git-er-done like someday bro.

johnsonrod said:
Which aircraft type are newhires getting into most often nowadays - 717 or 73G? What percentage of each class would get each type? I know that AirTran will be getting more 73Gs in the future - so, could you bet that a right seat on the 73G will be most likely?

Personally, if I went that route from my regional gig, I would likely prefer the shorter trips in the 717 but that is just my preference...
If you want the 717, you can probably hold it, as the 737 has gone senior in the last 3 classes and I hear usually goes that way.

That is assuming they have 717 slots - word in the training center right now is that most hiring through the summer will be into the 737. Last 2 classes went 6 737 / 2 717 and 6 737 / 4 717. Our class before that went 4 737 / 9 717.

LONG time on reserve for 717 pilots hired right now, probably 8 - 12 months if hiring stays the same ratio of fleet mix.

Even so, I'm looking forward to being out on the line! Reserve lines are averaging 14 days off!! GREAT company to work for! Good luck!

I wish the lump sum folks would just enjoy their lump sum and let those of us in the first half of our careers be able to progress to the better jobs in the industry, instead of bottling things up for us. How many years do these lump sum folks have5? 8? Come on guys, you have made it to the top and prospered, how about sharing the best scraps that are left behind after the collapse of the profession instead of holding onto it yourselves.

~~~^~~~ said:
Interesting that AirTran is hiring the lump sum folks. Apparently AirTran is going to treat Delta's applicants a whole lot better than Delta treated Eastern's refugees.

Can you imagine? Many of the Delta guys walked out the door with over a million (some with a whole lot more) and they will have at least 5 years in the left seat again before hitting 60. I'm sure they would have rather Delta remained healthy, but still, they did pretty good in aviation.

...and they dont seem to be helping us furloughees get into the door. I checked the ALPA boards for any info..notta.
Ive had an app in since 2002!

Latest resources

Back