Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
boeingdriver said:
To atldc9:

That last statement makes you sound like an arrogant jerk. I hope you and your mighty left seat never have to experience anything close to what some of these "furloughed, pissed at the world, this is my fifth airline, another young captain" have gone through!

Congratulations on your superior decision making skills in the job arena. I suspect it has more to do with luck than skill, but as my grandfather used to say, "I would rather be lucky than good."

Maybe next time one of these guys is having a tough time of it, you could actually show a little empathy. Then, quietly say a prayer that you and your family have not been subject to the mighty furlough.

Boeingdriver

BoeingDriver,

I think that atldc9 was referring to the comment made last week by a "pissed at the world" furloughed guy (airline#5) who works for Airtran.... check here for reference.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=996861#post996861

If your proud of your airline, why not defend it? I realize TWA and ATA were all great places to work (because I had a lot of friends there) but its pretty dang cool to work here too it might not be a TWA or ATA (or who ever else furloughed) just yet, but were still new, there is no place to go but up! Being furloughed sucks, no doubt about it, I wouldnt wish that on anyone. But at least now he has a job, at a good company, a company other furloughed guys who are working at Home Depot would gladly trade with him. But he is still not happy.

Life is good at Airtran, barring any unforeseen terrorist debacle in the United States, its only gonna get better for all of us everywhere.

Last edited:
Phay-dude, I wuz like thinkin I wuz the only one dat had to do the stupid dog trick.

BP: You actually caught the Frisbee? My interviewer kept pretending to throw it; I'd run and look up...nothing.

Phaedrus said:
BP: You actually caught the Frisbee? My interviewer kept pretending to throw it; I'd run and look up...nothing.

Dats why I spent the bread to git one a them AirInc preps and stuff...yeah dude, I heard if Jill started doin that stuff, then like you knew like you were home free, bro. They like kept throwin it at the wall, and like I kept smashin my grill on the wall and like trippin over chairs and stuff, but after I caught one, it was ALLLLLL GGGGGGOOOOOOOODDDD!!!!

Well, I apologize if it came across arrogant. It was meant tongue-in-cheek with regards to a previous thread.

The "lump summers", however, are a very good group with whom to work.

I'll agree with that, the one I flew with was cool but talked alot about bankrupt airline across the ramp (his words, not mine). Based on our VP of flight ops latest letter, it was a good thing for him to come here because we are now making more than their captains?????? Maybe hourly but I bet they are still making more on total compensation. That's sad for us. They take a 50% paycut and I'll bet they are still making more in total compensation. Do what you can, there are a few of us that appreciate what you've done so far for the industry. We'd be much better off if Delta survives, but I'd be one of the first in line to donate to a fund to support Delta pilots that vote no out of principle to standup to the man. B4 anyone throws stones, I'm 100% behind our negotiating committee to stand up to our mgmt. and tell them to pound salt. We are profitable and they are asking for concessions. BS, They have given us no reason why. Even truck drivers are getting fuel surcharges. There is no reason in the world why I should subsidize anyones vacation because they can't afford to drive. Does anyone remember when flying was a luxury and people flew because they wanted to or because the didn't want to drive for 20 hours?

How is the military/civilian mix at airtran? Do they hire mil guys regularly as well?

Thanks - Scrapdog -

Scrapdog said:
How is the military/civilian mix at airtran? Do they hire mil guys regularly as well?

Thanks - Scrapdog -
My class was about 1/3 each of regional/military/furloughed guys. Of course not everyone falls neatly into one of those categories, but that is roughly the breakdown.

Interesting that AirTran is hiring the lump sum folks. Apparently AirTran is going to treat Delta's applicants a whole lot better than Delta treated Eastern's refugees.

Can you imagine? Many of the Delta guys walked out the door with over a million (some with a whole lot more) and they will have at least 5 years in the left seat again before hitting 60. I'm sure they would have rather Delta remained healthy, but still, they did pretty good in aviation.

Latest resources

Back