Airtran Hiring F.O's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Phaedrus said:
Seems like every airline has at least one stupid dog trick you must perform before they will deign to talk with you.

AirTran-500 121PIC
FedEx-meet n greet
SWA-Type (yeah, I know, not "required"....good luck getting the call w/o it though)

Can anyone else think of other places that have what you consider to be an absurd hurdle?

um yeah, i did, if it makes anyone feel better ;)

walkthasky said:
um yeah, i did, if it makes anyone feel better ;)

AWWWW YEEAAAHHH!

DING! You now be free to move about da country and be applyin to da SWA witout havvin da type! Dude, Higher Power aint gonna be likin da noise at all, bro.

Hey Walker, Texas Ranger, did you be havvin to be gettin the 73 type rating bizznizz before you started training?

BenderGonzales said:
Like all the CCAir and Great Lakes guys who were hired in 1998 without so much as :60 minutes of pic turbine...?

That's totally not true, Well lets say 99% of those ccair guys(which i know) had anywhere from 5 to 15 years with cc and all were Captain with over 1000 pic some with 7000 pic.

As for the 121 pic requirement, that is too bad. Someone with 3000 G5 time is well qualified to do the job. But someone without any pic time needs to get more experience.

Lower your qualifications to get more qualified applicants! Yeah! that's the ticket. Why not lower them all the way down to let people just walk in off the street. Everyone knows AAI's job is to hire pilots not fly passangers safely. So come-on getter done!

Benhuntn Dude, I don't think you want to be going there. That is all. I've been flying out of Midway for a few years.

i would think it might be a bit awkward for a 30 year old captain who never had a type at a regional to be calling gear up to a guy with 15000 more hours and who has flown int'l for many years.

Soooo cool. I didn't know you Non-Reved on my last flight.

Last edited:
Wes I missed your point but thanks for the response. Maybe we missed each other's points. Air Tran has standards so that they can hire the best qualified, not EVERYONE who wants to be an airline pilot.

Steeler Fan said:
you don't know the difference between a Roethlisberger and a Baconburger, both of which are loved by most Pittsburghers.

After reading todays paper, I know the difference.

A baconburger is something you eat and a Roethlisberger is something the paramedics scrape off the concrete.

-9Capt said:
After reading todays paper, I know the difference.

A baconburger is something you eat and a Roethlisberger is something the paramedics scrape off the concrete.

Ha ha!!!!

For latest Airtran interviewees

My logbook isn't exactly up to date( the company has printouts.) How close do they look over your log. BTW, I do fall in line with the other quals

Latest resources

Back