Airtran got played?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which is exactly what I said above.

The AirTran pilots not being integrated would have resulted in us being put on the street, and you know that. Nice spin, though.

I always wondered why you thought this was some kind of smoking gun about Winsor.

So if you were on the stand and were asked 'wouldn't AirTran pilots like to staple all SW pilots and get SWAPA payrates immediately?' and you said yes, wouldn't that be the same? Or would you just lie and say No? See how stupid this argument is?

Will there be an extra dues assessment for this DRC waste of time? More filet mignon and scotch for the latest ALPA dinner!

Sorry, but ALPA can't fix your mess. When the pilots bend over and take it up the ass on the SLI, don't expect ALPA to be able to clean it all up for you after the fact.

Having our own representation as long as there are separate operations is still the smart move.

Blame others for ALPA's ineptitude, classic. You sound just like that harpy, Big Sis right before we tossed her out. You and the mustache clowns from Herndon are irrelevant and I would rather give my money to a stripper in Vegas than a black hole for pilots who don't like flying airplanes.

Just looked at the Javits ruling. He hammers ALPA pretty hard for not trying to insert any 717 protections in the agreement.Those protections can't be written-in after the fact. Quite a Hail Mary.

Rich, you must remember, your side voted against the first offer protecting ALL your Captain seats. So please quit whining. It would be nice for you guys to start acknowledging the good you are getting from SWA instead of the bad.

Just looked at the Javits ruling. He hammers ALPA pretty hard for not trying to insert any 717 protections in the agreement.Those protections can't be written-in after the fact. Quite a Hail Mary.

Which is BS because we didn't do any negotiating in the second agreement.

I need to get off this forum again. My dad's in the hospital again, I'm freaked about about Rich B, and this isn't helping my stress level.
I'm very sorry to learn of your fathers illness. It is my understanding you have made the transition to SWA. Please be sure and speak with your Chief Pilot about your needs concerning caring for and being with your dad during his time of need. The company did everything possible for me when my mother was ill. Their only questions were: how can we help and how much time do you need? Please don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it, they WILL be there for you.

You disagree with the arbitrators premise?

Or are you saying SWA/SWAPA, did not allow AAI/ALPA enough time to insert 717 protections in SL10?

dude, let it go. Let's all let it go. a better SWAPA, better unity, better friendships. We have all had ********************ty cards dealt at one time or another. Just let it go.....

I always wondered why you thought this was some kind of smoking gun about Winsor.

I don't know that I would use the term "smoking gun." It was just finally a SWAPA official saying out loud what we all always knew.

So if you were on the stand and were asked 'wouldn't AirTran pilots like to staple all SW pilots and get SWAPA payrates immediately?' and you said yes, wouldn't that be the same?

See, here's what you've never understood, red: I would answer "no," and it wouldn't be a lie. I don't believe in trying to achieve a windfall at the expense of fellow unionized pilots.

Will there be an extra dues assessment for this DRC waste of time? More filet mignon and scotch for the latest ALPA dinner!

No assessment. And if you knew the MEC, you'd know that hamburgers and Budweiser are more likely at a union dinner.

You disagree with the arbitrators premise?

Or are you saying SWA/SWAPA, did not allow AAI/ALPA enough time to insert 717 protections in SL10?

What I'm saying is that after the first agreement was voted down, the terms of the second agreement was dictated to us as a take it or leave it offer.

Latest resources

Back