Airtran got played?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kenney G

Any truth that in the arbitration hearings that SWA management went on record saying the "Threats" towards AirTran pilots were just a negotiating tactic. That there was no real threat?

We never had an arbitration hearing. You must be referring to a post made by a tacky individual that used conjecture as to why one of our pilots made a sad and tragic decision.

We never had an arbitration hearing. You must be referring to a post made by a tacky individual that used conjecture as to why one of our pilots made a sad and tragic decision.

Hey KP,

I think he meant the DRC hearing. It was heard by an Arbitrator. The supposition and timing were misguided I agree.

The facts of what was said at the hearing, are a different story. They'll also be a matter of record. Somewhere, sometime.

Hey KP,

I think he meant the DRC hearing. It was heard by an Arbitrator. The supposition and timing were misguided I agree.

The facts of what was said at the hearing, are a different story. They'll also be a matter of record. Somewhere, sometime.

Maybe so. I guess my question would be why SW would feel the need to admit to anything? I don't picture a member of SW Management admitting we got played like a James Bond villain explaining his elaborate plan to 007 before he gets fed to the sharks or cut with a laser. You're right though, time will tell.

SW management got caught in a lie on the stand. Russel testified that Airtran was never threatened and SW was clear about getting rid of the 717's. In cross examination ALPA revealed tapes of SW threatening Airtran and and saying they were keeping the 717's. Apparently Russel was pretty upset after cross examination. In clising arguments SWAPA claimed there were no threats and SW management was always planning on getting rid of the 717's. The arbitrator interrupted SWAPA to tell them that was contrary to testimony. Looks pretty bad for SWAPA/SW management.

Maybe so. I guess my question would be why SW would feel the need to admit to anything? I don't picture a member of SW Management admitting we got played like a James Bond villain explaining his elaborate plan to 007 before he gets fed to the sharks or cut with a laser. You're right though, time will tell.

Agreed.

The only difference may be that the people concerned were under oath ? I have no idea what that means these days

At the very least it was a good opportunity to talk about sharks and lasers ....

KP will take every opportunity to disparage anyone he doesn't agree with. With all his anger on the AT side, it's disappointing that he just doesn't cross over to Mecca sooner rather than later. He's senior to me, I might get to stay a month longer.

SW management got caught in a lie on the stand. Russel testified that Airtran was never threatened and SW was clear about getting rid of the 717's. In cross examination ALPA revealed tapes of SW threatening Airtran and and saying they were keeping the 717's. Apparently Russel was pretty upset after cross examination. In clising arguments SWAPA claimed there were no threats and SW management was always planning on getting rid of the 717's. The arbitrator interrupted SWAPA to tell them that was contrary to testimony. Looks pretty bad for SWAPA/SW management.

Funny, you schooling KP. Were you surprised to hear it was a bluff? Wonder how that DFR suit will work out. If this is true, KP's antithesis Slick and Big Sis come out smelling like roses.

Don't start throwing a "we were right" party just yet. The arbitration testimony was hardly as interesting as people are making it out to be. Russ is no idiot. He knows how to dance around the truth enough to not outright lie while still covering his employer's ass. There were no smoking guns in any of the testimony (except for Tom Winsor making an ass of himself by saying that the SWA pilots would be thrilled if the AirTran pilots had been put out on the street).

Latest resources

Back