• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran got played?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny, you schooling KP. Were you surprised to hear it was a bluff? Wonder how that DFR suit will work out. If this is true, KP's antithesis Slick and Big Sis come out smelling like roses.

Sorry if this hurts your feelings but did you even read what the funnyman wrote?

And what was his exact answer?

Katz: Is it not true that the Southwest pilots would have been thrilled if the AirTran pilots were not integrated?

Winsor: Oh yeah! Probably so.

FYI, there were no tapes of Southwest threatening AirTran presented in the arbitration at all. The only tape submitted into evidence was of Russ saying that the 717s would be around until the leases expired.

That they would for sure be or might be. Big difference. My guess is SWA management never made it a guarantee.

Not throwing a party, in fact don't have high hopes at all, hence the "if", I should have capitalized it to make it a BIG "IF".

That they would for sure be or might be. Big difference. My guess is SWA management never made it a guarantee.

While true that they never used the word "guarantee" or something similar (and that was his excuse in testimony), there were also no caveats given in his comments on tape, either. Like I said, I certainly don't consider it to be some sort of smoking gun, but it certainly wasn't good for SWA and their Golden Rule claims.

I've been telling you guys for YEARS that we RECORDED some of the road shows where Russ M and other SWA management reps were VERY clear that the 717's were remaining "at least until their leases expire", and we had a detailed list courtesy of AAi management of each hull number and when each one went away.

You guys have said many times that you didn't believe me, but like I said, when it was appropriate, that tape would come back out for posterity, and now it has.

It will be very, very interesting if the arbitrator makes any mention in his ruling of the "misleading statements" from SWA management made to influence AirTran to take a deal rather than go to arbitration.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back