Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran FO suspended for dropping family off at circus in uniform...WTF?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Honesty, why would anyone want to wear their uniform anywhere else except for work?

I am the one in the employee bus putting on the tie and stripes.... I would never even wear it to the grocery store.

Kinda toolish don't you think. It is like those airline employees that wear their ID around their neck in plain clothes......I don't get it

Wow are you actually serious? So by your logic - I have to get dressed down in the break room. I'm not allowed to wear my ID when jumpseating, not even for convenience.

Time for a full page USA Today ad

M

God, when I first started flying I had a sticker that read "your little princess is my little whore" on the inside of my bag, could not see unless you were stealing from the bag. CP asked me to hide it better.

That's hillarious!

Wow are you actually serious? So by your logic - I have to get dressed down in the break room. I'm not allowed to wear my ID when jumpseating, not even for convenience.

You are allowed to do what you want, you may not like the consequences, but you can do anything.

BTW, I don't wear my tie in the breakroom. In fact, I have been to the breakroom once this year to get my Jepps (had 5 of them)... I can't wait for EFB!!!!

And, how was this guy linked to Airtran by those shirts?? It could have been any company?

Somebody was a rat and should be dealt with, that I can't stand.

The North American Airline Management Klown ( Cocktosucktus Incompetus Circulius) is an interesting species.

Known for nesting in small groups, generally out of sight of respectable Human Beings, they are a forlorn and somewhat tense group.

Threatened by even the slightest disturbance amongst their tenuous and back-stabbing ranks, they have a tendency to over react to even the slightest stimuli.

The Cocktosucktus is highly territorial and will exhibit bizarre behaviours when threatened.

Should another individual within the sub-group ( such as Airlineas Pilotus Exactor ) show his or her colours within range of the Cocktosucktus, surely agression will ensue.

Particularly abhorrent to the North American Airline Management Klown is the ability of normal individuals to think and act for thermselves.

They try to regulate all such behaviour through ridiculous edicts and pamphlets, none of which are paid attention to..... By anyone. Anywhere.

An interesting Species nonetheless.

Related material:

- Cockroach
- Mother********************er
- P.O.S
- Human waste
- Landfill
- Garbage bags
- SPINELESS AMOEBAS

Last edited:
Released today,

ATLANTA, March 26 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of the National Pilots Association (NPA), which represents the nearly 1,700 pilots of AirTran Airways, strongly condemns the wrongful suspension of one of their pilots, and asks the public to join them in demanding that he be reinstated immediately and paid in full.

AirTran Vice President Steve Kolski called NPA President, First Officer Linden Hillman last week to inform him that management's position is that the pilot was in violation of AirTran's flight operations manual and would face possible discipline for wearing his uniform while dropping off his wife and two young children at a circus in Atlanta on February 21, 2009. The NPA sponsored a family day at the circus, and the pilot was on his way to work when he stopped at Philips Arena to help his wife with their kids.

"He was wearing his uniform so that he could get to work on time," said First Officer Tim Baker, spokesman for the NPA. "The circus started at 3 p.m., and he had to be at work at 4:30 p.m. He was leaving on a four day trip and wanted to spend as much time with the kids as possible. He will soon be deployed overseas and is focused on spending time with his family. He only stayed at the circus for a few minutes. The rules even state that he can wear his uniform to and from work."

The AirTran pilot in question is a pilot in the Air Force Reserves, where he has served for thirteen years.

NPA President Hillman said, "It is intolerable for our pilots to be exposed to this type of intimidation. We have tried to resolve this issue directly with management. However, we continue to find management unreasonable. It would be nice to see management focused on returning to profitability, instead of threatening their hardworking crewmembers. You don't see other airlines treating their employees like this."

National Pilots Association -- representing the nearly 1,700 pilots of AirTran Airways.

SOURCE National Pilots Association

Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:40 PM

Airtran's response,

ORLANDO, Fla., March 26 FL-AirTran-suspension

ORLANDO, Fla., March 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), today issued the following statement regarding the suspension of a pilot and member of the National Pilots Association (NPA):

The suspended pilot wore his uniform to a non-work, NPA union-sponsored event in clear violation of the Flight Operations Manual and the collective bargaining agreement.

This policy has been clearly communicated to the airline's 1,700 pilots and is standard practice throughout the aviation and other industries.

The NPA union leadership had the opportunity to avoid this suspension on several occasions, and they chose not to.

AirTran Airways is dedicated to dealing equitably with all Crew Members, and to exempt pilots from the policy would be unfair to our other hard-working Crew Members.

The airline has no further comment on this issue and will not conduct labor relations through the media.

Media Contacts: AirTran AirwaysTad HutchesonChristopher White678.254.7442

SOURCE AirTran Airways

Latest resources

Back