Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran FO suspended for dropping family off at circus in uniform...WTF?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Until you're ready to go to jail for it, then keep bending over.

I'll put $20 in home brewed beer in the kitty that it was your super duper, ex-ALPO (before he was removed from his position as sect./treasurer), well known management mole, Vice Chairman Linden (Mr. Jefferson) Hillman.

1st you elect him in
Now you want in to ALPO
You guys have worse judgement and instincts than a sailor on a 3 day shore leave in Tijuana with a wad of $100s.

So is a racist fool such as yourself either a present scab or are you a scab in training.....Hmmmmm let me see if I review some of your post can I figure out who you are?

What is the company saying? Anyone know?

Heard he just didn't drop kids off, he went in for awhile.?

Did another pilot turn him in? In the contract it should say where and when we can where the uniform. We pay enough for them. Anyone paid for prescriptions lately with AT new insurance. Get ready- to spend alot more money. Insane!!

Honesty, why would anyone want to wear their uniform anywhere else except for work?

I am the one in the employee bus putting on the tie and stripes.... I would never even wear it to the grocery store.

Kinda toolish don't you think. It is like those airline employees that wear their ID around their neck in plain clothes......I don't get it

Who the fu*k cares if he got out of the car or not...?

From what we're hearing, the company is telling people he had put t-shirts on his kids that said "Fu*k AirTran". Not true, he had the union-provided shirts that either said "My Daddy needs a fair contract now" or "Say NO to corporate greed". Many, many other kids had them on, as well. Just more "spin" from management, just like DL and myself, the goal being to sow just enough misinformation to make people think twice about believing the union.

Luckily, the NPA was already out in front of it and put that official email out to the pilot group BEFORE the disinformation could start, something the NPA failed to do in the past and realizes they need to do moving forward. The pilots, resultantly, are very supportive and management's story is being discounted from Day 1.

From what I've heard (2nd hand), he took the kids inside to leave them with the family of a friend before he went to the airport. Still completely unacceptable to suspend the guy, he is free to wear his uniform on his way to work and, if he wants to stop and get gas, pick up his other dry cleaning shirts, drop the kids off at child care or wherever, that's his business, not the company's. NO other airline does this, anywhere. It's a shot across the union bow before the shareholder's meeting so the union (and the line pilots) think twice before showing up in uniform.

Pure "fear and intimidation" tactics, from the "best management team in the business".

Incidentally, I understand some people don't wear the uniform anywhere else. That's your choice, and I agree, a guy wearing it on his day OFF just to go out is very toolish. However, when going to wor, I put it on before I leave the house. Sometimes I drive straight to work, sometimes I need to make a stop or two on the way in. Who gives a rat's, it's not anybody's business, the company is overstepping their bounds and the pilot group has had enough.

God, when I first started flying I had a sticker that read "your little princess is my little whore" on the inside of my bag, could not see unless you were stealing from the bag. CP asked me to hide it better.

Latest resources

Back