• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran expected to report "record" profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly, I have already used up my patience hoping for the best. I am not going to waste my time trying to understand why the NPA shows picket signs they plan on using in the future w/ all of the support they have from the pilots only to reverse their statements 3 weeks later. They will not respond to questions on their website. The FO rep states how excited he is about the TA in writing despite all of the anger expressed by the members. Good luck AAI, for the new guys and me it is now easier to reapply than ever. Never thought I would quit this place after drinking all of their sweet bs in training. Oh well too much of good thing can make you sick. My hats off to the NPA, literally.

I talked to a BOD guy the other day...Not sure I understand his logic or what in the he!! he is talking about:

#1. He told me that if we do not agree to this TA then JL will be extremely pi$$ed and transfer our 737's to Midwest

#2. He also told me that the company doesn't really want the E-190 due to the fact that if we were to get the E-190, displacements will occur, 717 pilot to 737, 737 pilot to E-190 etc. This triggers a training event or numerous training events which will increase the company's cost.

Okay now go back to #1 if JL were to transfer the 737's to Midwest would this not also trigger a training event therefore increasing the company's costs? He doesn't make sense.

If we are talking about training costs here why transfer aircraft to punish us at AirTran and increase our training costs but not get another aircraft type (I am not advocating the E-190) because it will increase training costs...

Another threat he made is that Mgmt would ask for release into self help, get it and impose the contract on us. Ummm okay, ASA has been negotiating for what 4 years now tried to get released and they were told to go back to the table, yet mgmt here would get released into self help? GMAFB!

Desperate times call for desperate lies...

They know they're about to be forcibly removed from office after this POS dies in flames they and have little else to do but grasp at straws.

Who knows what the hell they're thinking, but they can think it back on the line...

In my previous post, what I was getting at was, if you tell a BOD guy the TA sucks then they use the threat of transferring aircraft to another company which obviously will increase training costs, and if you tell them that you don't want to fly an E-190, especially at those crappy rates, they say hey don't worry about it as it will increase training costs so mgmt won't do it.

It staggers the imagination.

Guess it's time to resurrect the "Should I leave AAI for CAL" thread. Better get in on the front of the hiring wave.

tell your BoD that the midwest deal is still probably a year away from happening (until they can get a majority on the board). till that time no transfer of 737's can happen.

Someone has been filling your head with a bunch of dog-doo. You must be on the 717 and listening to some old scab trying to convince you what a great thing you have here . . . . because it protects the interests of the old scabs to keep the junior guys (the majority) working for crap wages; it leaves more in the pot for them. Haven't you figured that out yet?

Do you realize that pilot CASM at AirTran is a very small part of our total CASM? Any raise we leave on the table will be promptly cashed out in management bonuses.

If this airline is around in 30 years, it will be due to the efforts of the pilot group, not the expense of it.

Something else to keep in mind- if they replace the 717's with EMB 195's under the rates in this TA, even a 7 or 8 year CA here will be either a 737 reserve 'ho or making a whopping $95./hr as an EMB CA.

If my choice was to make max dollars here for 10 years, or 20 years at a 40% cut as an EMB pilot, give me the 10 years at max pay, because 20 years at $95./hr isn't worth it.

that's so true you can ultimately make that change($) flying for any contract ho these days...........

tell your BoD that the midwest deal is still probably a year away from happening (until they can get a majority on the board). till that time no transfer of 737's can happen.

There's no way that can happen now OR later. You can't make representations of a synergy-creating merger and then operate them separately for a whipsaw. This isn't 1987. There have been many developments since then, including a "Single Carrier Petition", Sarbanes-Oxley, "Hostile-Workplace Environment" lawsuits, and the development of the class-action lawsuit industry.

Latest resources

Back