• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran expected to report "record" profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm really curious where that 5-6% decline in non-fuel CASM is coming from, especially since we haven't taken any concessions and the 2nd quarter comes to a close in about 12 days...

I agree though, record profits and a concessionary contract don't go together. Still waiting for the voting to begin or ANY word from the NPA... *crickets chirping*... anyone?

Heres your earnings estimate from the company...

http://investor.airtran.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=64267&p=irol-estimates

Looks like 43 million for Q2, 21 for Q3 and 15 for Q4...... Just a reminder.. AAI was forecasting a loss of around 8 million for Q1 before they beat the estimates and posted a Q1 profit of just under 3 million.. These estimates were updated on 6/12/07... Looks like just under 80 million for 2007 and and estimated profit of 104 million in 2008....... This is why we shouldn't be taking a consesionary contract.... I'm fine with managment getting thier bonuses, BUT, give some crumbs to me as well...

BTW.. The mean recomendation is 1.8.... That is the equivelant of a "buy" rating... Jetblue has a 2.7 mean recomendation (hold), SWA 2.6 (hold), UAL has a 2.3 recomendation, DAL 2.6, AMR 2.1, Alaska 2.2..... So, in other words investors think prety highly of AAI stock... This is on a scale of 1-5 with 1 being the best..

Last edited:
And our BoD is so stupid as to buy the "we'll shut this airline down if pilots strike" BS.

In 2001 this place was PoS and we turned a TA down and got better deal later. They didn't shut down what was then crappy airline with a few markets and old jets.

And you telling me that now they will shut down this money maker? Shareholders will not only FIRE Joe, they will sue entire AAI BoD. More reasons to recall every NPA BoD member who believes company's bluff. That just shows total incompetence.

I was just talking to BoD member another day and he said that, bottom line is, he disagrees with me about TA being crap. That means he disagrees with almost every AirTran pilot. I though about it for a couple of days and here’s what makes me very angry. Hey! You are not elected to BoD to think in you own twisted ways, you rebel! You are here to think the way we think. That is why we voted for your A$$, because you represented our views during election time. And if you changed you mind over the years and no longer able to back up pilot's wishes, then you MUST resign. BoD is not about freedom of thought, it's about representing majority, and therefore thinking like them as well.
Hey, BoD members, it's your JOB to do what we (majority) want. Don't like it - resign!

Last edited:
I was just talking to BoD member another day and he said that, bottom line is, he disagrees with me about TA being crap. That means he disagrees with almost every AirTran pilot. I though about it for a couple of days and here’s what makes me very angry. Hey! You are not elected to BoD to think in you own twisted ways, you rebel! You are here to think the way we think. That is why we voted for your A$$, because you represented our views during election time. And if you changed you mind over the years and no longer able to back up pilot's wishes, then you MUST resign. BoD is not about freedom of thought, it's about representing majority, and therefore thinking like them as well.

Hey, BoD members, it's your JOB to do what we (majority) want. Don't like it - resign!
BINGO!

That's why so many volunteers quit out of disgust or are simply beat into submission. You get involved in Association work because you want to help the pilots, then you realize the guys at the top, unless they're flying the line every day, have a tendency to lose touch with their pilots, and you eventually realize you can't change things by yourself.

At my last company, the best LEC leaders were the ones who were out there every day on the line and had the b*lls to stand up to the MEC leaders who were on full-time buyout and thought they knew "better" than the pilots and say, "Kiss My Dumb A*s, that's NOT what the pilots want."

What's that line from the last scene in Roadhouse? "This is OUR airline,,, and don't YOU forget it."

That's why I say, "Either reform, resign, or we'll help you find your way back to the line."

BINGO!

That's why so many volunteers quit out of disgust or are simply beat into submission. You get involved in Association work because you want to help the pilots, then you realize the guys at the top, unless they're flying the line every day, have a tendency to lose touch with their pilots, and you eventually realize you can't change things by yourself.

At my last company, the best LEC leaders were the ones who were out there every day on the line and had the b*lls to stand up to the MEC leaders who were on full-time buyout and thought they knew "better" than the pilots and say, "Kiss My Dumb A*s, that's NOT what the pilots want."

What's that line from the last scene in Roadhouse? "This is OUR airline,,, and don't YOU forget it."

That's why I say, "Either reform, resign, or we'll help you find your way back to the line."

Why the hell would they agree to a pay cut/qol loss when the company is making money hand over fist. I think that signing something like this would be a complete failure of the pilot group. Hope you guys vote this POS down and get pay raises!!

Latest blast email FINALLY came out from the NPA.

"...voting to begin NO LATER than June 27th..." and will run for 21 days.

Yeah, still another 30+ days until we get to bury this thing and start over. :rolleyes:

Quote from Lear70:

"I'm really curious where that 5-6% decline in non-fuel CASM is coming from, especially since we haven't taken any concessions and the 2nd quarter comes to a close in about 12 days..."

You have to remember that we have operated the entire Q2 2007 with all 5 runways open in the ATL. For Q2 2006, we only had the 5th runway oepn for June only. I'll bet the 5 runway configuration has cut my overblocking down by 75% or more. I can't even remember the last time I held for ATL. A couple of reasons why our non-fuel costs are still dropping significantly:

1) System runs ontime alot more often with the 5 runway configuration causing alot less overblocking for pilots and FA's, alot less recrewing, alot less ramp overtime when ATL's last departures used to leave at 3 AM, etc.

2) Alot of new employees at low end payscales dragging average costs down.

3) The addition of 737 aircraft which have a lower non-fuel cost than the 717.

Now if we can just find a way to get oil back below $60 a barrel as we buy about 400 million gallons a year (just a 10 cent rise in price per gallon causes an additional $40 million in cost) or find a way to increase ticket prices without driving away the already overextended American consumer, we can make some serious money and get our stock price back up near 20.

Heres your earnings estimate from the company...

http://investor.airtran.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=64267&p=irol-estimates

Looks like 43 million for Q2, 21 for Q3 and 15 for Q4...... Just a reminder.. AAI was forecasting a loss of around 8 million for Q1 before they beat the estimates and posted a Q1 profit of just under 3 million.. These estimates were updated on 6/12/07... Looks like just under 80 million for 2007 and and estimated profit of 104 million in 2008....... This is why we shouldn't be taking a consesionary contract.... I'm fine with managment getting thier bonuses, BUT, give some crumbs to me as well...

The sad part is they are always updating the earnings page on AirTran website. But I fly with guys who dont even now its there, they have no clue how well this CO. doing. The union should of got these numbers out to the pilot group so we would know were we stand. But maybe they didnt know ether.:eek:

Latest resources

Back