Airtran dropping 121 mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
greygoose said:
I had heard from a inside person, that Airtran is going to be dropping the 500 hours of part 121.

No surprise. There are a lot of good fractional and 91/135 guys out there getting picked off by SWA, UPS and Jet Blue.

I heard the same rumor recently and I really wish it was true as I have many friends on the 91/135 side of business. A couple of days ago however I talked to the recruiting folks and was told the rumor is totally false. No such plans for now but who knows what the future holds. :(

About time. Stupid requirement.

Some PFT jacka$$ from GIA could apply, but not a real pilot from say, USAir (furloughed) if they had no 121 PIC.

Another stupid requirement that needs adjustment is the 1000 turbine PIC for SWA. Since when is 1000 PIC in a Caravan better than someone with much more time at a regional, or lots of piston twin time.

I defy anyone to give an example of where a Caravan pilot is somehow more qualified than a higher-time piston TWIN-ENGINE pilot. Especially if the twin is pressurized. Either disallow SEL turbine, or get rid of the requirement. WAY too arbitrary.

Last edited:
furlough-boy said:
JetBlue doesn't have a 121 PIC requirement
Nope they have to have PIC in a jet more than 20000 pounds gtow. I guess my 3000 hours of lear PIC isn't good enough for them. Well I'm getting typed in a 747 classic in september maybe that will be enough to get a thanks but no thanks letter. ;)

furlough-boy said:
JetBlue doesn't have a 121 PIC requirement
Yes they do...otherwise they would have two SIC's flying the aircraft.

Koslen said:
Nope they have to have PIC in a jet more than 20000 pounds gtow. I guess my 3000 hours of lear PIC isn't good enough for them. Well I'm getting typed in a 747 classic in september maybe that will be enough to get a thanks but no thanks letter. ;)

You should re-read their requirements.

www.jetblue.com

Latest resources

Back